Notices

Found A Bottle

Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Found A Bottle

My wife and I moved. 2017 was a doozy and we had to get away from a bad situation. The new house is great and life is going well.

While my wife was at work last weekend I was going theough some of my stuff from the old garage and found an empty cheap vodka bottle I had hid to throw away when the trash ran but of course forgot about. I
sat and looked at it for what must have been an hour. It took me back to when I was a slave to a substance. It was a very haunting feeling. I had no idea the full aspect of how sad I was then and how happy I am now. I was upset when I saw it but so glad I found it now.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It is amazing that our perspective changes so much. It makes you realize how much addiction messes with your mind.

I'm glad you're doing well.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing!
I was just there recently too. I was a very avid home brewer and made a good chunk of sour beers. Let them age a long time in the fermenters, bottle them, let them age for another good chunk of time.
While they need to age for a long time, i just kind of put them in the garage wherever the batches would fit. Thought i gave all of them away to my old homebrewing buddies, but i found 3 bottles recently that are still sitting on my workbench. Gotta figure out what to do with them... they have to be at least 3 years old at this point and probably hitting their stride.... trying to figure out who would enjoy them is going to be the difficult part! While i wont drink them, i would feel weird just giving them away to someone who may not care about the effort that went into it.

Actually found an empty tall boy of PBR when i was cleaning out my garage... made me laugh a bit. hid it above the fridge out there
Old 01-25-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post, BD84.

Walking by the liquor aisle at the grocery store has a similar effect on me.

So thankful that I am no longer chained.

Sobriety rocks!