Notices

First Things First

Old 01-24-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Things First

Hey guys,
I was on my way home tonight and heard a grinding under the hood of my jeep. Limped it home to find my serpentine belt and alternator belt shredded.
After i inspected the damage underneath the hood and slammed it shut for a split second the thought of "getting hammered" crossed my mind.
I then reminded myself of "First Things First" and that at that moment i needed to view my alcoholism as a life and death matter. I played the tape forward and saw myself in my cabin alone in darkness like i had been 346 days ago last February. I also realize that if i don't have my sobriety i don't have anything.
I'll get the truck towed to the shop in the morning and have the mechanic fix the alternator that they recently put in with the rest of the other repairs.
Hope everyone has a great night!
Thanks
Garrison
Old 01-24-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love reading stories like this! Good for you! Plus now you can wake up early, get it repaired, and you won't be hungover. Drinking really makes NOTHING better.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is wonderful. How quick our minds go to getting hammered from an inconvenience.
I have a random thought right now. I am still foggy but just want to share. AA meeting and a person coming in for the first time. Very innocently he spoke and said I am just starting to understand AA a bunch of people with a drinking problem in the same room with out the cops involved. I needed to hear that it lightened the mood and its true how powerful we can support each other. It reminds me of how you can grow with AA and have a different perspective how special it is. Someone asked me today if I will be going back.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you! Glad you didn't drink over it.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you stayed true CMan
Old 01-24-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done! 👍