The gift of No Contact

Old 01-22-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The gift of No Contact

It is not necessary to decide how to resolve the situation once and for all—only how to get out of harm’s way until this process of awareness, acceptance, and action can free us to make choices for ourselves that we can live with.

- How Alanon Works
Alanon doesn't advocate that we leave or stay.... it does give us tools and skills to make our OWN healthy decisions.

Those of us who've suffered from abuse in our lives may not even be aware of it... or the extent of it.

No Contact is a gift beyond any other skill I've learned in recovery. I've needed a buffer-zone around me for healing to truly come to a new level. A brand new start, not tied to my abusers or those who I love who are still close to my abusers.

In coming to new realizations through my recovery, I've found a kindness, compassion and gentleness for myself beyond any I could have imagined. Instead of judgement, I KNOW I am enough. Peace beyond the hurts I've known. Peace within myself.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The behavior of an alcoholic friend, spouse, child, sibling, employer, or parent may have led us to Al-Anon, but we soon realize that our own thinking has become distorted. Al-Anon helps us to stop wasting time trying to change the things over which we have no control and to put our efforts to work where we do have some power— over our own lives.

- How Alanon Works
Finding my own worth. Thankful for my recovery. Thankful for being alive.