Notices

5 months on the road less traveled.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 months on the road less traveled.

I used to be an occasional party guy, becoming a more often than not to semi-daily drinker, escalating to the point where it negatively affected my life. For the past year I've been taking off a month or two here and there and dramatically limiting my days of debauchery. That was until I reached a point of realization that I need to tame the wolf and eliminate the drink entirely from my life at this time. I'm not sure if that means forever or if I'm capable of getting to a point where I'm ok with an occasional holiday tipple. Most importantly, I hope to gain an understanding of why I think the occasional tipple should even be wanted or necessary at all.

I have a hard time accepting there are things I can't or shouldn't be doing. What is clear, is the more time I spend without booze in my life, the better my life becomes.

I have learned that removing what hurts you is only half the battle. Other than improving your general health which is ok and enough benefit for many, little else will improve without care and focus to do better for yourself and/or family. Maintaining good relationships with friends and family, understanding your motivations and breaking anchors weighing you down will help you to accomplish your goals.

I haven't posted in a while, but have been checking in which feels like a measure of support to me. Just want to say thanks to everyone here who are dedicated to helping others. Your words of advice and empathy are helping people.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! Congratulations on 5 months.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 01-19-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Most importantly, I hope to gain an understanding of why I think the occasional tipple should even be wanted or necessary at all.

If ya figure this one out let me know. I tried for a long, long, painfully long time and could only conclude that its because I'm an addict Welcome back!
Old 01-19-2018, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 5 months Endeavour

D