Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I知 pretty sure I was tidier when I drank daily 😂🤷🏼*♀️

Notices

Old 01-16-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I would drink every night, roughly about a bottle of wine or a six pack or an equivalent amount of rum and diets. Then maybe it was guilt or anxious energy but I would spend the next day on and off organizing or cleaning, being much more tidy. Now it痴 like I知 like, eh I値l get to it. I feel more What I like to call laid back but it would be great to have that keeping things clean oomph 😂
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This makes perfect sense to me. One of the first times I really enjoyed day drinking alone was when I realized I could buy a wine cube and clean my house from top to bottom. It felt like it made the drinking more fun AND the cleaning more manageable. Now I realize how completely insane that seems. But it also seems really hard to clean without a glass of wine.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I used to be washing my bed linen most days because I thought it would dirty with a drunken me in them. Once a week now.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm definitely lazier when I'm sober. I feel like I have less to prove, in a way? Not driven by guilt.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
This makes perfect sense to me. One of the first times I really enjoyed day drinking alone was when I realized I could buy a wine cube and clean my house from top to bottom. It felt like it made the drinking more fun AND the cleaning more manageable. Now I realize how completely insane that seems. But it also seems really hard to clean without a glass of wine.
Oh my goodness, I'm the same exact way. It used to be a joke for my hubby "hand her a wash rag and a beer and the whole house will be clean!". Now, it's not so funny but I can totally relate!!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Oh my goodness, I'm the same exact way. It used to be a joke for my hubby "hand her a wash rag and a beer and the whole house will be clean!". Now, it's not so funny but I can totally relate!!
LOL!I guess we have to laugh or we will cry. Last year, I remember I used to think "Awesome, I have the whole weekend to drink and clean!" I used to think it was the most fun thing in the world. Totally nuts.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

If you can afford it, hire a maid.

Problem solved.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
If you can afford it, hire a maid.

Problem solved.
I guess it's all the things drink relates to ..for me it was coming home from work ...(couldn't wait to pour that first glass that was hid in my wardrobe) sad but true ..then I'd tell myself I would start cleaning ... I did a bit for my family's sake ...but I was always drawn to my wardrobe to my demon .
Now I pour a large pint glass of soda water and lime with crushed ice and just get on with it ....
Good luck hun x