Notices

Day 141 update

Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 141 update

It's been awhile since my last formal post on here. Things have been going fairly well and that obsession to drink hasn't even been a thought for sometime now. Still going to lots of meetings/chairing, praying, talking with my sponsor and posting each day on the 24hr. From the outside looking in, things are better, a lot better. I've had some great weeks and some not so great weeks.. This week in particular has caused me a lot of stress and fear. It's mainly work related as my co worker has taken holidays for 2 weeks during our most busiest time of the year which adds to my work load. My brain goes into overdrive, the fear kicks in on how I'm going to manage to get it all done and it's causing me a lot of anxiety. I know I'll get through it, I know it will all work out in the end but my brain (my thinking) goes into over drive. Trying to do the one day at a time, turn it over and cease fighting has become difficult for me. Any thoughts of encouragement is appreciated. Thank you for reading
Old 01-16-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 141 days Hats...thats wonderful 💜

I recently completed a 30 session meditation programme on the Headspace app for anxiety and am partway through a 30 session programme on stress. I found the anxiety programme really helped me to notice my negative, anxiety producing thoughts and not get caught up in them...mine too was related to work pressures. I'm also finding the stress programme really helpful in being able to step back mentally in moments of stress and pressure and find a calm place in my mind to gather myself.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay strong my dude you'll be fine...

Don't let work stress you out too much.. All you can do is work to the best of your ability every single day and every single minute if you do that everything else will fall into place.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cobngrats on your sober time - hope ythe work situatuiiob gets betetr agaun when your workmate comes back

don't be afraid to crave out a little you time to de stress and relax

D
Old 01-16-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hats,

Day 141 is great!

Try to take a little time during the day to relax and get away from work. Can you go out during your lunch break, for a walk or just a short break? You can get through this, and I'm glad that you're looking for healthy ways to deal with the stress.