Can anyone explain how to filter out my ex's emails?

Old 01-10-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can anyone explain how to filter out my ex's emails?

I thought it would be easy and I am fairly tech savvy but I just can't figure it out and I am getting too frustrated. I'm using *****, "Inbox" version.

I'd like to still receive them (and have them NOT go to Spam bc I don't want them deleted until I want to delete them), I just don't want to see them in my inbox. I want them diverted to a folder where I don't have to see them.

Can anyone help?
Old 01-10-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know why it censored g m a i l - I guess so people don't post email addresses.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a MacBook and this is how I diverted my ex's emails:

Mail > Preferences > Rules > Add Rule > (type in your ex's email address and select the folder you want to the messages to go to) > OK

Hope this helps!
Old 01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
I have a MacBook and this is how I diverted my ex's emails:

Mail > Preferences > Rules > Add Rule > (type in your ex's email address and select the folder you want to the messages to go to) > OK

Hope this helps!
Technically it didn't exactly, but it did make me realize that switching from Inbox back to regular ***** might allow me to utilize one of the sets of directions I found earlier that wouldn't work, so thank you!!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

if you create a separate folder you should be able to set a rule that says if anything comes from THIS sender, put it here.

when you figure that out can you come program my nifty new universal remote??? seemed like a good idea. step one was a snap....insert batteries into remote. NAILED IT!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
if you create a separate folder you should be able to set a rule that says if anything comes from THIS sender, put it here.

when you figure that out can you come program my nifty new universal remote??? seemed like a good idea. step one was a snap....insert batteries into remote. NAILED IT!
I did figure it out!

Universal remote programming instructions are basically all available online - just search for your brand/model and you should be able to find them.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh i've GOT the instructions.....it's following them that's the tricky part!!! LOL

i'm glad you got it figured out! i hope that brings you some peace!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I use Google mail.
All I have to do, is put the email address of the offender on the "spam" list. Any emails they send go to the Spam folder.

About once a month, I click on "Spam", then hit the permanent delete button. This is like the flush handle on the commode. Then, those pesky e-mails go to the same place as all the other contents.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Auto archive in ***** is a lifesaver for me. XAH's emails go straight to archive in case I ever need them. I don't see them in my Inbox . Unfortunately, when I search on certain things, they pop up sometimes. Blech. But it's much better than seeing them on a regular basis, and he has NEVER asked me if I've seen one of his emails or why I haven't answered them - that is hilarious to me!