Notices

My case is different! B.S!

Old 01-10-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My case is different! B.S!

Here I am with the realisation.
My case is different
More hurting more tortured more hard done by!!
What a load of... effin rubbish!
This is purging to be here its like digging up my denial!!
I'm just gonna keep at it excavating through my wounds and trust that I will sober up.
My only obstacle to that sober life isn't
Donald trump
Teresa may
My annoying ex
The police force
The banking system
Bullies
My deceased dad
Mouthy gits
Narcissists
The price of homes
The sex industry
Ad infinitum....
It's little old me.
That's the turning point
Either continue and burn
Or about turn and live!!
G
Old 01-10-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

Excellent post Ghoster
Old 01-10-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exactly!

It is us, we are the problem. No one, no "thing" else. Just us. Fix us, the other things will not even matter, will not even flinch at those things.

You got this man, really you do. I can see you want it badly by the steps you've taken.

Now work it!

Peace,
Old 01-10-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do it Ghoster!! Reclaim your life!!
Old 01-10-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My experience is that I discovered that all the obstacles to my sober life.........were just excuses, reasons and rationalisations that the alcohol addicted part of my brain threw at me, I call it my AV, Addicted Voice. The good news was, that AV wasn’t me, but the habituted neuronal circuits in my brain, that I could override and in time, neuro plasticity would work it’s normal magic and those neuronal circuits focused on drinking, would become overgrown, with disuse as a consequence of my stopping drinking. Whereupon, the new, healthier non-drinking focused circuits would deepen and prevail.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well said, Ghoster! It is up to us to change our lives and not make excuses. I am so rooting for you and wish you peace and strength on your sober journey.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Donal Trump is teetotal incidentally....

All perceived "bad situations" contain some form of opportunity (for growth) or positivity...........it's up to us to analyze the situation and excavate for the diamonds amongst what seems like fields of coal and shite....

My girlfriend breaks up with me? Is it good or bad? Really circumstances are indifferent, however, they "become" good or bad according to how I FRAME them........
Frame 1: "it's the end of the world, I really am the slug of the world like my mother said, I'll never find anyone else again etc etc" This situational frame comes from a victim and scarcity mentality and will not serve me positively. In fact, it will be like I put my hand inside an old wound (void) closed my fist and start punching. This will probably lead to lower self esteem, a bad self concept (lowering of happiness) and INACTION........inaction i.e. not making decisions is the road to mental illnesses and addictions...........this SITUATIONAL FRAME WILL NOT SERVE ME WELL. The circumstances remain indifferent.

Frame 2: "fantastic I'm free and single again! I can travel, I can get that motorbike now! I can reconnect with my old friends, I can reinvent myself! oh it's good to be free, I have the time to......." "you know, we gave it a shot and it wasn't fated to be, so no worries, she's a great girl and I'll never say a bad word about her but it's time to let go and live my amazing life!
This SITUATIONAL FRAME will probably invigorate me and leave me with an excited and hopeful feeling about the future (unknown) . This frame will serve me. The circumstances remain indifferent.
This frame comes from abundance and taking responsibility for my own well being and happiness (I am the only person on this planet responsible from my happiness and well being)

If I leave my ego out of the equation and learn to see people as complex rather than black and white cartoon characters I can possibly learn something from them........that clerk in the post office who was "perceivably" rude to me? I can be reactive and get annoyed and worse, tell everyone about the story all day long thus passing on negative energy..........(this will not serve me) or I can ask my self calmly (while learning to focus on my breath and grounding myself)..."hmm what's this person trying to teach me?" Perhaps patience? perhaps empathy? perhaps she's having a bad day? perhaps she's suffering in life? This will probably serve me better...