Notices

My new day 1

Old 01-09-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My new day 1

Good morning everybody. How are you all today? After my post yesterday I had a long talk with my wife and I think she finally understands the struggle I’m under. Basically I’m in a fight for my life. Sobriety and recovery are the only answer. I have a call in to speak with an addictions counsellor. I also have my wife onboard to quit drinking with me. So we will be doing this together.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but what are her thoughts about the trip to Cuba?

Keep at it man. We are in this together.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuckleman45 View Post
Good morning everybody. How are you all today? After my post yesterday I had a long talk with my wife and I think she finally understands the struggle I’m under. Basically I’m in a fight for my life. Sobriety and recovery are the only answer. I have a call in to speak with an addictions counsellor. I also have my wife onboard to quit drinking with me. So we will be doing this together.
Congrats, in my view VALUES are the most important variable in any behavior change. Our values are the starting place for all our beliefs, actions and behaviors.
When your values trump your addiction, there is no addiction, there is sobriety.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a good plan. When will you be seeing the counselor? They might recommend you seek out a local support group as well so you could probably get started on that now too if you like. And of course SR is always "on" 24/7 too!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it--I am happy your spouse is joining you.
I really really wish mine would--it should help a lot!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
quat

You can do this , you just need to believe it , you can.

That said in order to do it you have to realize the 'thing' , 'voice' (AV) in your head is going to constantly try and bend you around to ITs perspective( because thats what IT does, no matter though, you just ignore IT).

The look you hate , from your family, when you decide to pour and drink a beer, IT doesn't hate it, IT actually likes the guilt You feel for having chosen that beer in the past. Don't choose to feed IT any more beer, no matter how recent the past drinking, future drinking is off the table .
IT similarly doesn't care if your wife quits or not, IT can twist both to ITs advantage.
You can do this, No drinking No matter what, without condition(s), Onward!
Old 01-09-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rul23, we haven’t really decided on that yet. Might push it back another month or so.