Notices

29 hours sober

Old 01-09-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

29 hours sober

I am 25 years old and have been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night for the past 3-4 years. I recently saw a doctor and was prescribed lorazepam to help me with alcohol withdrawal. I am taking .5mg every 6 hours as needed. My biggest fear is having a seizure or big medical emergency. When are seizures most common after you take the last sip of alcohol? I have been sober now for 29 hours and I am feeling good other than insomnia and some major itching mostly in my feet which I’ve heard is very common in alcohol withdrawal. Is this itching a very serious symptom?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How are you feeling right now? What are you eating or drinking to replenish yourself? I hope you are not alone. Things get better after about 3 days but, you won't feel great for at least 5-7. Your brain needs to fix itself from all the chemical damage alcohol does to it.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
How are you feeling right now? What are you eating or drinking to replenish yourself? I hope you are not alone. Things get better after about 3 days but, you won't feel great for at least 5-7. Your brain needs to fix itself from all the chemical damage alcohol does to it.

I feel fine. I am home alone as the boyfriend just left for work. I continuously take my blood pressure to make sure it’s in a safe range.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evan4816 View Post
I feel fine. I am home alone as the boyfriend just left for work. I continuously take my blood pressure to make sure it’s in a safe range.

As for food I have had a regular appetite. I had pot roast, soup, and vegetables and I’ve been drinking lots of water and tea
Old 01-09-2018, 08:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

keep in mind ...

its the 1st drink that gets us drunk not the 20th

we cant get drunk without that 1st drink

our choice is between miserable unhappy drunken drinking and all the consequences

or

not taking 1 drink

God bless
Old 01-09-2018, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don’t know about the itching but was told to watch out for seizures in the first week, by watch out he meant do what the doc tells you to the letter if doing it at home.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

None of us are doctors evan so we can't give you medical advice. Everyones different anyway.

If you were feeling poorly or if you're really worried, I'd see a Dr - but if you feel fine and you see no reason to see a Dr, thats fine too - your call

D
Old 01-09-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on your sober time, Evan - I'm so glad you are getting free of it.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I also had body itches for a while , no seizures . Hope you feel better soon
Old 01-09-2018, 11:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The Lorazapam is a benzodiazepine (anti anxiety and anti seizure med) DO NOT drink alcohol while on it. I can only speak from my experience. I had a seizure on Day 6 while in Detox Centre. They called EMS. While in emergency the Dr. suspected they tapered me off Valium too quickly.
Valium is same family as Lorazapam.
Anyway we were chatting about seizures and withdrawal. He said it's possible between days 1 - 11 . That's if going without benzodiazepines and it really is different for everyone. So long story short seizures can happen with no warning symptoms. Don't drive. And if you're concerned about the dosage and quantity please go back to your Dr.
No one here should or can tell you about your Lorazapam or chances you having a seizure. Each brain has been damaged to each person's individual extent.
Welcome to SR. Best of luck to you
Old 01-10-2018, 02:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

How are you feeling today, Evan?
Things should be looking brighter for you! Take care and let us know! Won't you join us on the Sober Bus if you would like to?!