Very overdue update!!

Old 01-07-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very overdue update!!

Hey guys...it’s been a very long time...I hope some of you remember me (NB Girl and Forourgirls). Quick updates: I’m engaged, my girls are doing great-excelling, ex has had no visitation in almost three years...last month after a year of silence from him he was sitting by my house in his truck and scared the crap out of me andmy kids, sent me a message about one of our daughters being dead in purgatory, then went to my Greg boyfriends house - he followed my ex out of the neighborhood and watched him swerve all over the road and scary stuff. Three days later ex showed up at my daughters therapist office and scared the crap out of her. Multiple police reports were filed and all of us have been terrified-so filed for a protective order. Hearing was yesterday. He had no attorney and showed up with his mommy. Looked awful-ten years older than he is. All he did was deny it all (naturally, didn’t expect anything less!), called me awful names and then asked if in exchange for me dropping the protective order, he would voluntarily terminate his parental rights. You know, bc in his very warped mind it’s my fault he hasn’t seen his kids. He even cracked jokes and tried to be chummy with my attorney to get him on his side-all the whole my attorney is having to not breathe deeply bc he smelled so bad at 9 in the morning-oh ex isin his 30’s and Gaza heart attack last year and has a pacemaker with two or three heart conditions...those are NOT caused by drinking-just ask him and mommy! Lol. His mom told my attorney that the stress of all of this legal stuff is killing her son...uh huh. Yep. So after court at 9:30am where do these two lovely people go? Well to buy a suitcase of beer, naturally...my ex mother in law driving her son around to buy beer after court.

So what does any of this have to do with me? Not much. I feel horrible he’s still so stuck in life but he seems happy living at home with momma bc he can drink as much as he wants-and I’m sure she’s happier than ever that she gets to take care of another alcoholic killing himself, just like her husband did. Sad all around for that family but so incredibly grateful I got my kids out. My girls have a real shot at a good and normal healthy life.

I would ask for prayers for him as he needs them so much more than we do. Any thoughts or words of wisdom would be appreciated 9
Old 01-07-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gah! How awful is this?
Glad you are out and doing well.
Be careful, though.
He sounds unstable.
Good thoughts and hugs.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Phoenix, so glad for the update.

In many ways, yours is a success story but sadly only for you and your girls not for him.

I hope 2018 brings many wonderful things!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update.

It's wonderful to hear your daughters are thriving.

Congrats on your engagement! Yay for healthy relationships! It's refreshing isn't it?

Sorry to hear your XAH is still neck deep in his disease. Such a shame to watch people waste their lives. I am glad you and your kiddos are removed from the immediate chaos he continues to cause for himself.

*hugs*
Old 01-07-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@maud-absolutely taking all precautions as he is very unstable with a family willing to lie and cover up his actuons. We will be ok! Thank you for your thoughts!!!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Forourgirls,
I remember you well! You have crossed my mind a few times lately,
wondering how things worked out for you. I remember what a
difficult frightening time it was & things your X was doing when
you decided you wanted a better life for you and your girls.

So thanks for the update, what a success story for you and your
girls! You sound great and I'm so very happy for you. Take care
Old 01-08-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So proud of you for escaping that situation and recovering to this point.
We all read SO many stories of people still trapped.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello friend! It's so very good to hear from you! Engaged! That's wonderful news! You and your children deserve all the happiness in the world!!!!!

XO
Old 01-08-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all-we each have a divine right to have peace and safety! I’ve missed each of you and look forward to lurking around and supporting others on their journeys. Thank you for the warm welcome back
Old 01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You've been on my mind - SO glad you started posting again!! ...not so happy about the Ex's craziness, but WOOHOO for all of your progress & congrats on your engagement!!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Girllllllll....... Now you know I only logged in so I can reply to this thread! LOL . So glad to see a posting from you! Engaged??? Get it! How times change, right?
Sorry to hear your EX is being a "stalker".. been going thru something similar myself. Funny, not funny, how they always end up circling back around.
Stay strong like you've always have... we both know it will get better.
Big Hug
Ro