30 years and counting

Old 01-07-2018, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

30 years and counting

Good morning everyone,
Just need to vent, and I knew exactly where to come to.

Some of you know me, some don't.
I am the mother of 2 addict sons, one is now 44, the other is 39.
The youngest has semi cleaned up his act, and now uses marijuana, and occasional alcohol.

The oldest is still going strong, using anything available, altho' he prefers cocaine, and meth...stays away from heroin.

He called 2 days ago looking for money...I said NO.
So, in return he posted a nasty nasty filthy, vile message on my FB page, and when I didn't answer the phone after hanging up on him, he left a phone message, that calls me EVERYNAME in the book.

Generally, I can handle this pretty well, but today I just feel so hopeless in any future for him.
I am just thankful though that we live in Florida and he still lives in Ohio.

He scares me.

Love you all.

I just need a pep up talk!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhhh... that sucks. My momma heart hurts for you.

My kids are younger, (19 and 24 and non addicted) but they've both had occasion to say and do things that broke my heart. I know that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach. I am sorry you are dealing with this pain.

You know you did the right thing saying "no" ( both for you and him), you also know saying "no" to an addict is one of the things they hate the most. Good for you staying strong and not sending him any money. You don't want to contribute to his bad decisions.

Is blocking him on Facebook an option you would consider? Did he leave that message in a pubic place or on your personal messenger? If its public you can remove it, you can also set your Facebook so people can't post on your publicly viewed page.

Hang in there.

*Hug*
Old 01-07-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Yes, I removed and blocked him from Facebook yesterday
The part that hurts the worst is not the words, it's the realization that for him it is either death or prison, that is his bottom.

Which I knew before, but it just brings back the troubles we've had from him since the age of 14.
He is 44 years old now.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hiya, Moose!!! The mister and I have been sporting colds and I almost missed your thread here.

I am so sorry he continues a bad path, and I understand completely how hard it is to accept this this IS his path and may continue to be so until something worse stops him. My son is still missing (over 13 years now) and I have accepted the same possibility and left it all with God a long time ago, I just can't carry the load any longer.

As much as it hurt, you did the right thing, blocking him from your FB account. His rage and bad behaviour isn't about you, it's about him and the bad place his head is in these days. Doesn't make it hurt any less, but helps us understand and not shrivel into a fetal position anymore.

I will say a prayer for both your boys, and another for you and Mr. Moose. (And I will send you a note a little later today to catch up.)

Love you lots.

Hugs and Hugs from my heart to yours.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi (((Moosie))),
I am glad you thought to stop by when you were feeling down. I'm not sure there are any perfect words to ease the momma pain, other than to say we've all been there ( the parents) in one way or another.
I got to the point that I had to remind myself that I deserved to have peace in my life as much as my kids did. We are all now adults, ya know?
Don't get too down about the future. One never knows...