Notices

I feel backwards. Day 5 and I feel like crud

Old 01-05-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel backwards. Day 5 and I feel like crud

So I recently posted about my stomach being upset but I wanted to post more because I’m also trying to not drink too and writing out my thoughts to people who could read them helps too (I’m also keeping a journal). It’s day 5, I’m having a craving and I’m irritable. Everything my husband is asking of me is making me want to say “can’t you?? I’m doing something else! Leave me alone!” I know I’m just annoyed. I feel like I can’t catch my own thoughts because with a full house there is constant chatter and someone always needs something and I want to declutter so badly but am having a hard time finding the time. On top of that I’m the only one who thinks I have a problem or just want to be done with the constant obsession with drinking, so it’s harder to keep my commitment and motivation so I’m also struggling with that mindset. I feel icky, my stomach is tight, my head is tense and my shoulders feel tense. Right now I’m actually looking forward to bedtime for my kids which has been backwards because that has been my trigger time. Anyway I’m cranky and I know it and I don’t like it. Anyway rant done. I know I’m compliany but I feel you guys will understand
Old 01-05-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

Rant and complain as needed, we do understand

You sound pretty normal for 5 days in. I was a wreck in my early days. Stick with it, even without support in the household, it is doable.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on day 5 👍

I use guided meditation apps like Headspace to find that quiet calm away from the chatter that I need, but it's found within us...we can't wait for everything around us to quieten down. With enough practice we can retreat to that place irrespective of the chaos around us. Wishing you well on your recovery journey 💜