Notices

Day 9 Very VERY scared

Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 Very VERY scared

OK thanks to all who've provided their experience and advice. Since my poor 20 yr cat and I have run out of nutritious food I am forced to take a shower...uggh. Drive to Safeway whilst still looking like I work on The Walking Dead. There are 4 liquor stores on the way. It was my ritual to pickup a bottle after shopping. (actually pickup a bottle every two days). If only I hadn't of been a mean drunken a**hole to everyone I could ask for a favor. Out of the question for now. Anyway considering how much mental anguish I'm feeling. Honestly it's a living hell . Will I have the fortitude not to listen to that voice...oh a Mickey doesn't count....
Old 01-03-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it TY.
Go get yourself some nourishing food and a few treats and straight home to enjoy.
Protect your sober days this far, you don’t need that crap in your life.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A good healthful meal may improve your mental state, TY.

Please continue to drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest.

Sobriety does get better; I promise.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting instead of just throwing it all away! That proves to me that you really want to stay the course! Best wishes for you on your journey!
Old 01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TYG!!! You can do it! One suggestion I was given was to mix up my routine as much as possible. If it is a possibility, take a different route or go to a different grocery store. You can't avoid liquor stores forever, of course, but sometimes it's good to change everything you possibly can to reinforce your new lifestyle.

Think of how great you'll feel when you get home to kitty with good food and and having accomplished something incredibly difficult? It will get easier each time you successfully do it :-) keep going!
Old 01-03-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

come on now, baby steps. you will feel so much better if you get this one trip done and come home with some nice food. and your cat will LOVE you. do it for that cat!
Old 01-03-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things can do and will get better - we have all been there TYG. Trust us

why not check out the January support thread?

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-2018-a-5.html

D
Old 01-03-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It will get better, as long as you stay sober!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 9 is fantastic. Maybe consider grocery delivery next time.... And your kitty needs you! The first 30 days is the hardest for most people. Don't set yourself back to the dreaded day 1��
Old 01-03-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Flying Colours

Instead of shower took a bath with Epsom salts as they remove toxins via the skin...ya gotta soak for 15 min with 1 c....did my hair and makeup realized I'm actually looking better than I did at the start of my last binge Dec 1st. Started the car and said "Not Today Satan". I filled my cart (as had been pretty much drunk for almost a month). Thought of getting a bottle seemed preposterous! And I got some physical activity. I could not have done this yesterday to save my life, serious. Thank you all so very much
Old 01-03-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TYG2 View Post
Instead of shower took a bath with Epsom salts as they remove toxins via the skin...ya gotta soak for 15 min with 1 c....did my hair and makeup realized I'm actually looking better than I did at the start of my last binge Dec 1st. Started the car and said "Not Today Satan". I filled my cart (as had been pretty much drunk for almost a month). Thought of getting a bottle seemed preposterous! And I got some physical activity. I could not have done this yesterday to save my life, serious. Thank you all so very much
Amazing. Well done you.

That's such an uplifting message.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Job TYG!

It does get easier. Hope you have a plan for your recovery. Your posts sound like you're in a great place and willing to put your sobriety first. Keep this great attitude!

Good luck