Notices

2nd Hospital Detox

Old 10-31-2004, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd Hospital Detox

Well, I did it again 6 days ago woke up shaking so bad I could not walk and my heart beating out of my chest. Had my Fiance call 911. Ended up at the same Hospital I was just in 1 1/2 months ago for the same thing. Well, just got home. It was a living HELL! As soon as someone hears the word alcoholic, they treat you like total scum. Tears in my eyes as I wrote that because I felt like scum and hated myself and I could see the disgust in their eyes and let them-Treating Pt's like that is completely unethical for trained Medical Professionals Oh, by the way had my 1st bout with DT's at 30-the floor I was on had a few 22 year olds taking care of our floor, I was placed surroounded by elderely, incontinent patient's, watched me and laughed. Take my advice, quit before you take it as far as I did. Had quite a few DR's (as I did a month ago) tell me I'm on my last leg..at 30! Some people can drink heavily for 50 years and not have many health problems-it only took me 7 to literally destroy my body.

Wish me luck in my new life b/c Cindi "You're going to make it after all" (a little hug to myself)
Old 10-31-2004, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(( Cindi))

Welcome back!I am glad you made it,alot of us dont.I hear the progression of our disease in what you posted.The disease has some awesome power.I feel you on the Doctor thing I have had quite a few who were none to happy with me !I have also had some very kind people who have treated me for my alcoholism.I wish you the best and hope to see you keep posting.keep the faith! Trish
Old 10-31-2004, 12:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

WELCOME CINDI,I'VE DETOXED IN HOSPITAL'S,ON MY COUCH,AND EVEN IN THE WOODS.
NOT FUN ANYWHERE.YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEVER HAVE TO DETOX AGAIN!!!
JUST FOR TODAY,DON'T DRINK OR USE.
IT WILL GET BETTER..........ted
Old 10-31-2004, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cindi,

I'm glad you made it back and I'm sorry for the way you were treated. It's a shame that you were treated that way and it's a sad case that drs and nurses get their jollies from belittling people who need help. But, trust in karma and stay on your journey.

Love, Anna