Notices

Day 3

Old 01-01-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Just joined and wanted to say hi. I've been trying to moderate my drinking for years but just don't have a stop button so have decided to try and go sober. Got so drunk 4 days ago I fell and broke my nose. I have young children and am mortified about my behaviour. I have to make this change.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Lushita, you've found a great place for support. You can stop drinking and enjoy life without alcohol. Sounds like that might be a good choice based on what you've posted.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Lushita! You've found a place where folks have done a lot worse than fall and break their nose and a place where we don't judge, so you should feel welcome! You can make this change. We are all here to support you. Keep on posting!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Lushita! It's great to have you join us.

I had to come to the same conclusion - I had no control once that first drink hit me. I had the best of intentions - I'd have just two - or just drink beer - or just drink on weekends or special occasions. Nothing ever worked - willpower was useless against my addiction. Quitting all together was the only way for me to stop destroying myself. I'm glad you're here to make this big change in your life.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Lushita, I am glad you found SR. I just joined a month and a half ago myself. I tried to limit, or take a break, for years only to wake up feeling like a failure and so ashamed. It’s when I got to where you are and realized that every time for me one drink tasted like another and another. I am missing the stop button too. SR has been so helpful. I am glad you are here
Old 01-02-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today Lushita ?
Old 01-02-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lushita - that is such a wise decision! It took me years to realize the full extent of my problem. Because I could occasionally (maybe 1/10 times) drink in moderation, I thought it was something I could control. I simply could not; no stop button for me either. It's great that you've made this choice now, before something worse happens. Alcoholism is progressive - gotta nip it in the bud at some point!! Way to go and wishing you a speedy recovery for your poor nose!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Lushita

D
Old 01-02-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lushita!!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JJ9

Hi Lushita- Welcome to the forum. This is a great place! I’m only on Day 2 so no great advice from me but I will tell you that I would give absolutely anything to go back in time and stop drinking when my children were young. Unfortunately I missed that opportunity. I hope you are able to do it for yourself and for your little ones. You will never regret it!