Need Advice

Old 12-30-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need Advice

Gosh I'm just so lost. My husband and I were both in recovery he had longer than I had. I have about 2 years now. I found out he had been using. And he drug tested at home today and was clean and tonight I found a meth pipe and meth on him. Which I made him flush, which took a lot of work sadly. I don't know what to do. We have a one year old daughter, he's the only one working, I stay at home with my daughter during the day. Idk how to approach this. Any advice would help.
Thank you.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Ashley.
Welcome.
Time will tell, I guess.
But I would start putting together plan B in case his relapse continues.
Very sorry for your situation.
Do you have support from friends or family?
Old 12-31-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ashley -- congratulations on your two years. That is a remarkable accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself.

I'm sure your experience with your own recovery has taught you that you cannot control what happens with your husband's use any more than anyone else could have controlled yours when you are using. You know exactly how powerful addiction can be, and what it can make a person do or say.

Maudcat has the right of it. The thing to do now is to build and strengthen your own support system for yourself and your daughter. You will find great support here at SR, but you will also need real life, face-to-face support. I know it can seem overwhelming, but try to just think about doing the next right thing for yourself and your baby, and let him do whatever he is going to do.