Notices

Another Christmas Party tonight

Old 12-23-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Christmas Party tonight

Feeling so thankful that I am on day 20 AF. I feel like I've had a spiritual awakening as this is certainly a miracle for me. Tonight we have our annual Round Robin Christmas Party with our neighbors, our drinking buddies. I have never been sober for this in 35 years. I'm going with the fake it till you make it plan again. I intend to take a1/4 of Antabuse tablet and mix tonic and lime in a bottle and pretend it's a wine cooler. Like last time I went out I believe no one will care as long as I'm drinking. And perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe they wouldn't care if I wasn't drinking, but I doubt that and I'm not ready to announce my sobriety. I plan to talk to counselor about this on my next visit. I'm feeling confident and so happy that I feel able to do this. Wishing you all a wonderful day filled with peace and the knowledge that you are doing the right thing. Thanks for all your words of wisdom - it is starting to sink in.❤️
Old 12-23-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Wilma,
Just thinking about you and hoping the party is going well. I hope you can feel me sending you good vibes and strength that you stay sober tonight. 20 days AF is fantastic and something you should be proud of. Stay strong tonight.... you'll be feeling SO much better than your neighbors in the morning!!
Old 12-23-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was the all star of my company Christmas party. Started with picking 4 colleagues up in the morning before work and driving an extra 2 people home afterwards.. being the DD and actively leading conversation was actually really fun.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have a great Sober time Wilma!!