Weird Dream, Angel? - Slightly O-T

Old 12-22-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird Dream, Angel? - Slightly O-T

So, the other night I had a very strange dream, and I'm taking it as I'm doing the right thing in proceeding with divorce (though in my current mental/emotional state I have many apprehensions).

Anyway, I at some place at a body of water - lake, ocean - can't tell. I'm there and it's a beautiful sunny day - jut pretty much perfect. Sitting on a wall next me is a woman, and she has one of the most calming, beautiful smiles I have ever seen.

I know I am not attracted to this person one bit, but I feel relaxed, free, calmed. I remember us talking but I can't remember all the conversation, but I do remember this: without even looking at me, but with that beautiful smile, she says, "Now, isn't this better for you and your son? Don't you feel more free and in charge of your life?"

I said, "Yes, you are right, I needed this, and so does he". And then I woke up.

I'm taking it as a sign from God that maybe this is His way of guiding me, ot letting me know it WILL be okay. I may be way off base, but right now that's helping me move forward.

Thought I'd share.

COD
Old 12-22-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds about right to me, COD.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had "dreams" like this too, and yes, I think
you are interpreting it exactly right.

Be at peace COD
Old 12-22-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

COD,

I too, agree that your dream is God's way of telling you that you are doing the right thing.

And that your life in the long run will be calm and enjoyable.

In fact, don't you already feel better and more serene with this most recent step of filing for divorce?

Keep strong - for yourself and for your son.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlcSis View Post
In fact, don't you already feel better and more serene with this most recent step of filing for divorce?
Quite the opposite, actually! My brain is foggy, I can't remember squat - and overly anxious...
Old 12-22-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Quite the opposite, actually! My brain is foggy, I can't remember squat - and overly anxious...
Ahhhh

I am sorry that you are feeling so anxious and foggy right now.

I apologize for projecting my feelings from divorcing my AH (now ex).

I guess I just remember feeling so relieved that I had finally MADE THAT decision. And yep, I was stressed during divorce process but, so relieved when it was final.

Good luck COD! Hang in there!!!
Old 12-22-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think we are absolutely delivered signs, and way deep down, our subconscious can interpret them and help SHOW us!

The time before the last time "I was gonna leave" xabf, I had a similar sign dream that still sticks with me today - that was 3ish years ago, and was just what I needed at the time.

In the dream, I was trying to plan a big event, and a guy I went to high school with had a Volkswagon Rabbit hatch back full of stereo equipment that he was donating for the event (so weird he was in the dream, i haven't seen him or talked to him or thought about him for years). A bunch of drunk people came by while we were unloading it, and started grabbing the equipment and they were dropping it and smashing everything to pieces...it was scary and chaotic. And then they left. I was upset and he looked at me and said, Mandy, they are sick - the drunks just don't realize what they are doing to everyone...they just smash and destroy everything.

It was crazy and I don't think I'll ever forget it - and I woke up with a sense of empathy for my ex after it...which is something I was lacking our whole relationship....and a sense of peace in leaving, I didn't want to be a piece of the stereo equipment

Hang in there COD - you are doing great!
Old 12-23-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi COD, not a believer, but a dream like that, wherever it comes from, has to be a comfort to you. I believe dreams are our sub-conscious sorting out the left overs from our day/life. Sometimes they're significant, sometimes just fragments. This was a significant one and I'm so glad it was positive.
You're a sincere guy, doing a hard thing in hopes of a better future for you and your DS. Maybe the deeper part of your mind is reassuring you about why you're going through this?
You've got lots of angels looking over you here, in the shape of your friends and wishing you the best.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this- it made me feel so peaceful and good and motivated to go forward COD. You know water is a medium of transformation. Perhaps your deepest soul is a t peace with this.