Notices

Headed to post work holiday party.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headed to post work holiday party.

Good evening friends, I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible. For those struggling today, lots of thoughts and compassion for you.

I'm about to leave work in 25 mins and am heading to a local tavern for a holiday party with my fellow Probation Agents, local Law Enforcement, the Sheriff's Department, and deputies at the jail. One would think the peers would be a deterrent for binge drinking and poor choices, but it typically isn't.

I'm here to practice what I preach. I have a plan, I'm posting my plan, I'm recognizing a high trigger event for me, and I'm going in confident, but not over confident. I have an exit, I've prepared what I'm going to say when people offer me a drink, I'm going to have water in my hands all night, and if it gets too much, I'm out.

I know I'm not going to drink tonight. I don't even want to drink tonight. But I want to share my plan in case it can help anybody else.

Check in later friends
Old 12-21-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It sounds like you have things under control.

Good luck Seize.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaturatedSeize View Post
Good evening friends, I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible. For those struggling today, lots of thoughts and compassion for you.

I'm about to leave work in 25 mins and am heading to a local tavern for a holiday party with my fellow Probation Agents, local Law Enforcement, the Sheriff's Department, and deputies at the jail. One would think the peers would be a deterrent for binge drinking and poor choices, but it typically isn't.

I'm here to practice what I preach. I have a plan, I'm posting my plan, I'm recognizing a high trigger event for me, and I'm going in confident, but not over confident. I have an exit, I've prepared what I'm going to say when people offer me a drink, I'm going to have water in my hands all night, and if it gets too much, I'm out.

I know I'm not going to drink tonight. I don't even want to drink tonight. But I want to share my plan in case it can help anybody else.

Check in later friends
Have a nice time, SaturatedSeize.

We are here for you! ❤️
Old 12-21-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm trying to figure out how to get out of my company work party. I'm one of the bosses so it's making my wife thinks I need to be there. I know it's going to be too much for me. It's a bunch of bar employees with a ton of booze and ride service to get everyone home safe. After 10 months things have been easier for me but it's still hard and it's hard for me to get her to understand how much my body is screaming at me not to go.