Notices

Big book step study

Old 12-19-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big book step study

Where first attend is Big Book step study group I was so paranoid because it's so structured that's what I was given a sponsor and started doing the work and we went through the big book as far as being able to recover and also working the steps in 1 2 & 3 or pretty much the same my sponsor died and his sponsor went through it in 3 hours it only says in step three about making the decision
Old 12-19-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of the problems you're having and also, the loss of your sponsor. That must have been really painful
No eperience of step-work, but just wanted to say hi and hope you get things sorted out
I think there is a section (further down the main page) dedicated to AA and the steps, hope that also helps
Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcone to SR Bignill Sorry to read about your sponsor , that must have been really difficult for you.

AA are there to help you so try not to think of the steps as an exam to be passed through "homework." I hope they don't rush you into getting a new sponsor as it is important that he or she is the right person for you.

Good luck!
Old 12-20-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there, I am also in big book step study. It's not for everyone. It is very structured and I like that about it. But some of the sponsors there are very hardcore - they only talk about the book and for me - alcoholism is much more than just a book. Perhaps a different sponsor would be more helpful for you?

I had a very strict sponsor at first and it did not work for me. I got a new sponsor and started to attend different meetings in addition to big book step study. I found that worked much better for me. Maybe attending one big book step study meeting a week and some other types of meetings? Sobriety is not a one size fits all shoe...you've got to find what works for you.

Big hugs,
Bunny