Notices

Day 1 back again

Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 back again

I feel so stupid.. i constantly find myself at day 1. A few weeks ago I got to 12 days. Now day 1 againnnn.. why cant I just deal with life instead of getting upset about something an drinking. If im having a good day I dont drink, but the minute im pissed off I reach for a drink.. im such an moron..
Old 12-17-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about something like AA toni - maybe you need more support?

D
Old 12-17-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
If im having a good day I dont drink, but the minute im pissed off I reach for a drink.. im such an moron..
You aren't a moron. But if you know that "bad days" make you drink and you aren't finding alternate ways to cope with them, then you are going to fall back on what ever you've done in the past.

I see it all the times in posts, "You have to learn how to cope with life without alcohol." Do you have any ideas what you might do the next time life takes a bad turn?
Old 12-17-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel so stupid.. i constantly find myself at day 1. A few weeks ago I got to 12 days. Now day 1 againnnn.. why cant I just deal with life instead of getting upset about something an drinking. If im having a good day I dont drink, but the minute im pissed off I reach for a drink.. im such an moron..
You are absolutely NOT a moron, toni.

If bad days are a trigger, put a plan in place that allows you to do something different on those days- (schedule more gym time on that day; plan to take a short walk before making dinner; plan to meditate during lunch hour; work in a yoga glass; practice deep breathing over and over on those days). I bet that there are books out there on "how to foster healthy coping skills" .

Maybe give it a Google.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was thinking about meditation, but I dont know where to start. Ive never meditate before. I wish there was a class i could go to.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was thinking about meditation, but I dont know where to start. Ive never meditate before. I wish there was a class i could go to.
A lot of yoga studios also have a meditation class, or at least have meditation as a part of a class. It has helped me it the past, you should check it out.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I believe that there are on-line meditation sessions or daily meditations to read and a positive thought to carry with you and think about during the day.

Oprah has a meditation series and occasionally offers a free series. A Google search should yield some good results.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks i will look into that asap