Anger, sadness, fear

Old 12-10-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anger, sadness, fear

It’s been a long while since I’ve been on here. Sadly not much has changed. My husband is still drinking. He was recently diagnosed with a liver condition and is still drinking and it’s killing him but he is in denial. Our children are now 16,13, and 4. Today I told him he has to leave our home-today. Of course I’m getting the “I have no where to go” speech. The suck part is that even though I KNOW this is the right decision I still feel guilty. I made a boundary that if he chose to actively drink and harm himself that me and the kids were done watching it. I’m angry that alcoholism has stolen a spouse from me and a father from our children. It’s been hard for me to accept that even when he is at home with me and the children he is not really “here”. I worry for him and I am a nurse so I am well aware of his medical condition. Thanks just needed to vent
Old 12-10-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi
I was in a similar position a month or so ago. Although we don't have children. My husband refused to left him. He has been messaging me telling me I left him with a house he can't afford. I moved out with just my clothes and a few personal belongings. I am so angry. Angry with me for not leaving sooner Angry with him for not taking the help he was offered for not caring about his health. I wish he could see what he has done to him self his parents his siblings and me
Old 12-11-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((HUGS))) to you both. It's so painful to watch - I am so glad you both are escaping the fallout area, and I wish you peace and comfort with your decisions!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The sort term is the hardest. Kudos to you for keeping your boundaries. I had to do the same thing last year. Not for alcoholism, but Computer and other addictions. It was abusive, but I stayed "for the kids". This was not good, because I taught them what was not right. I found that once the air was clear of the toxin, I found balance. My dogs that used to have accidents all the time, no longer have accidents. Now when we interact, I wonder how I did it for so long. Everyone that visits now comments on how much better the house feels.

Good Luck! You are doing the best thing for you and your kids. If he is there and you are holding it down, why do you need it? One less burden, so you can focus on your needs.