Notices

Taking one step forward and two steps back.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking one step forward and two steps back.

Hi guys,

I want to share something that has become a source of more obvious concern to me.

Not only I am relapsing around every month (which is terrible) but actually, what worries me the most is that I'm not being constant going to AA and then.... in a month I'm back.

Like I really do want to get better and do the 12 steps and all of that. I don't want to relapse ever.

So I'm going to AA tomorrow or on Monday (I relapsed yesterday) but I'm having trouble being constant. I think the hardest part is just thinking I need to start from scratch again.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why not go to AA today, and tomorrow, and Monday? I know for me, if I do the right thing in the moment, tomorrow is more likely to work out well. If I delay today, tomorrow is far less certain. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, I thought about it, but I don't think the alcohol is completely out of my system yet because I stopped around 3 A.M.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

people in AA dont care if the alcohol isnt completely out of your system. we care about what actions you want to do for victory over alcohol.
meetings are great, but going to meetings and not drinking dont treat alcoholism.
its working the steps that helps us recover.
from the 24 hours a day book

AA Thought for the Day
Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing.

Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day
I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it God cannot give me this power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

and the promises associated with step 10 :
And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone - even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality - safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a question, is there any time frame before you can ask someone to sponsor you ?
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Hope. I wouldn't think of it as starting from scratch again. Every bit of sobriety is a learning experience-it's not wasted just because of a relapse. I wish you lots of peace and strength.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope, I don't use AA, but I think you can go if there is still some alcohol in your system. And, from what I understand, there is no time frame to asking someone to be your sponsor.

I hope you stay the course and get a plan that works for you. That will be very helpful.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope1989 View Post
I have a question, is there any time frame before you can ask someone to sponsor you ?
nope.
heres a good read on sponsors

https://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/aa-l...on-sponsorship

Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

Last edited by Dee74; 12-09-2017 at 04:32 PM. Reason: copyright
Old 12-09-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like the beginnings of a good plan Hope.
I agree - why not go today?

D