Notices

Hot Flashes or Anxiety?

Old 12-08-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hot Flashes or Anxiety?

Last night, i went to my step sons play..i felt fine to begin with, then got really hot..i calmed down after about 15 min. Earlier today, i lost it on my hubby and felt really hot all day after that (it was 32 degrees outside)..i was finally ok about 2 hours ago. I am 34 years old..maybe its my hormones who knows (im female)..i am on day 10 going into day 11 of no drinking..has anyone else experienced the getting REALLY hot early on?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep! I'm 37 YO woman

Yes, I got hot off and on the first few months. I think it's worse during ovulation and PMS. Also, I think everyone (men and women) are more susceptible to sweating as the toxins leave our body. I have no scientific proof for this, but I think there's the 1st intense phase of detox (first week) but that the body is still kinda cleansing itself for months afterward.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I forgot to mention I'm premenopausal and don't get regular hot flashes so it was definitely related to detox. I would get a light sweat and need to fan myself when others were comfortable. You're not alone!

At about 3 months this went away for me!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SportsFan15 View Post
Yes, I got hot off and on the first few months. I think it's worse during ovulation and PMS. Also, I think everyone (men and women) are more susceptible to sweating as the toxins leave our body. I have no scientific proof for this, but I think there's the 1st intense phase of detox (first week) but that the body is still kinda cleansing itself for months afterward.
Really? Because I had my mom telling me earlier maybe Im beginning Perimenopause. Which of course i had to start googling that! Sure my symptoms sound like that..but we both know Ive used and abused my body for years with alcohol! Its so terrible to have have to deal with..i am beginning to think i need to take a portable fan with me everywhere i go for awhile! Im glad to know im not the only one whos dealt with this issue!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm no doctor and of course we aren't giving medical advice but I doubt that you're in perimenopause at 34 unless something else is going on. Of course, it is best to see your doctor to rempve all doubt. But it sounds like what i remember all too recently at months 1-3....good ol' sweating out the toxins! Our bodies are wonderfully made....its fascinating how we are built to repair ourselves! And yes, I needed a fan too!

I was also doing a diet cleanse at around 2 months so it was a double-detox whammy, but I truly felt better aside of the minor symptoms like sweat. My mind, body, and spirit were at peace - far better than back when I was drinking - it was like being in a war with my body!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobriety2018 View Post
Really? Because I had my mom telling me earlier maybe Im beginning Perimenopause. Which of course i had to start googling that! Sure my symptoms sound like that..but we both know Ive used and abused my body for years with alcohol! Its so terrible to have have to deal with..i am beginning to think i need to take a portable fan with me everywhere i go for awhile! Im glad to know im not the only one whos dealt with this issue!
Sorry I keep remembering things!

#1 thing that helped me: water. I know everyone always says this but WOW, if you drink a bunch of water when you're having these hot episodes, it helps.

I wore my hair up a lot too. :-) it gets better!
Old 12-08-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So were you feeling extremely hot for hours on end or just hot flashes coming and going? Yeah i thought it was a bit young myself..but my mom told me today she started having symptoms about my age..but she also had alot going on then, so who knows!In all honesty, i feel its due to drinking..now im not and my body is trying to adjust. Im going to make a Dr appt soon..but planning on giving myself at least 6 weeks and go from there. It isnt the easiest thing to admit to my Dr. what my drinking habits have been..��