Notices

Please pray for me!!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Please pray for me!!

Please pray for me and my good friend Ryan. I love him so much and he is leaving the state. It is breaking my heart so much and I wish he could stay in my state but he has to go and work on his own dreams which now force him into another state on the West Coast. I'm going to miss him so much and it will hurt tremendously we he leaves. He isn't leaving for another year so I have a little while with him, but please pray that God brings him back to me. He is the only guy I have ever been in love with and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I know that I have to be patient and wait on God's timing and His will. Please pray that Ryan will come back to me. Thank you!!

Thanks,
Hope
Old 10-29-2004, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

3rd Step Prayer

Hi Hope,

I have found it useful in my recovery to memorize the 3rd Step Prayer found in the Big Book (Alcoholics Annonymous). And after memorizing it of course, to say it over and over and over again. After I said it a few thousand times, I began to live it.

Granted, it doesn't immediately releave any emotional pain I may be experiencing, but it does help keep me in the "here and now" and helps to remind me that I am not in charge. Additionally, it helps to remind me that what I want may not be in my best interest.

One Day At A Time,

Jim
Old 10-30-2004, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

OK hopealwayz, I just did it. I have no idea if my little request on your behalf will get any results but I do know that this is the first time I have ever tried a serious prayer for something that didn't involve me in any way. I also know that two years ago, I would have laughed my ass off if you showed me this post I am writing and told me I wrote it. So who knows?

I hope you find happiness in your life.

Jah Bless
Old 10-30-2004, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
duo

Dear Hope - I will keep you in my prayers, but I will ask the Holy Spirit to intercede on your behalf. The two most difficult things I find when praying are 1) to pray in faith as though I've already received; and 2) to pray in the shadow of (only) God's will for me. So when I don't have either the faith or the knowledge of/desire for God's will, I leave it in the hands of the HS. He is our Great Helper here on earth.
Good luck and don't despair!
Strength and love
***DUO***