Notices

Weekender Thread 07-11 December 2017

Old 12-06-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Weekender Thread 07-11 December 2017

whatever you are doing this weekend, be victorious guys

Very quiet one for me - a little music but not much else - too hot.

A safe happy and sober weekend to you all

whats everyone else up to ?

D
Old 12-06-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotty! Is that still a thing?!? Been a while but this weekend I’ll be doing the usual hangin’ with the fam, workin on xmas decorations and maybe play some b-ball. Things that are better/possible since I’m sober. Much love y’all and a special amount of love to anyone affected by the Southern California fires. I lived in Ventura and I love that area.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Dee!

Congratulations on Shotgun Lorax! Good to see you.

Vice Shotgun.

We have the dreaded office party tomorrow night, gulp. Ah well I have survived them before.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks Dee !

I will be victorious this weekend.

Any more shotgun positions available after vice shotgun ?
Well if there is I will have it.

I have my mother in law at the house and we will be going to my nephews birthday at the weekend.

Alcoholism problem is like an infinite loop (if you want it to be)
After losing everything you still yes still have to try to quit or stop.
Yes even after losing everything you could still find yourself in front of the problem. I suppose I am finding it hard to get back on track since my slip two weekends ago. ... AV is off the charts.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

acting assistant vice shotgun

a miserable day here in Blighty. just taken my car for its MoT & got soaked. hopefully it gets through okay, it's old enough to vote & getting a bit long in the tooth.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's my partners birthday over the weekend. So we will be out with friends Saturday night, she will be drinking lots and I'm not quite sure how I'll cope. I have not yet managed a night out since I stopped drinking. But I won't want to leave and go home because I will feel bad.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Secretary of shotgun.

I'll be Christmas shopping, I guess. Hopefully all on-line because crowds make me uncomfortable and flustered.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Second Assistant Secretary of Shotgun!

I'll be working this weekend & helping Mom decorate her house for Christmas.....and staying close to SR!
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Rear gunner.

Wifes Company party this weekend. Last year I got cornered by a couple of drunks trying to be philosophical about life. But mostly just swaying in the breeze. My son was bartender so we stayed until the end to drive him home. Not this year. I hope to be out at a decent hour, tho my wife does enjoy working the room.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

In.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Third Assistant Secretary of Shotgun and second tail gunner!

Day 44 and AV or whatever already making plans, my dreaded holiday work related session is tonight

Another day of survival but Im in it could be worst
Old 12-07-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Mistress of Shotgun

Obey me
Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Unless you'd rather I'd obey you? Please?

Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In!

Thanks, Dee.

Beginning work on my last project for the class from hell, which by next weekend I hope to have finished—but taking a break for a church banquet on Sunday night.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in.
Working Friday and Saturday evenings - Just a couple of hours, but enough to mess things up - things like sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and kitty cats and doggie. It's not like I actually DO much on the weekends, but having to work just makes it feel like no weekend at all. I only have to do this a few times a year - but I do pretty much hate it. Ah, well. I gives me "comp time" to use later to take time off without having to use vacation. I'll be taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off - that will be nice. Planning to attack the spare room in the basement that has been a storage space - it's out of control. I call it the "room of doom."

As the weekend approaches - find something new to do - doesn't have to be anything big. Go to a new restaurant. Go for a walk someplace new. Go to a different AA meeting if you're into that. Go to a museum you haven't been to. Teach yourself to crochet. Just anything to shake it up a bit. I find myself feeling stuck sometimes - like life is just one long slog from week to week. But if I do something new or different, it helps to shake that feeling. I'm definitely feeling that way lately - I haven't decided what my "new" thing will be this weekend, but I'll figure something out.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm just glad to have lived this long. It should have been over for me SO many times.

I need to plan the weekend, too?

I am going to put up TinyTree today. All the stuff is on the floor, so makes sense, right?

I don't plan well. I guess I could write a book on procrastination.

#bixy&bb
Old 12-07-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!

Quiet weekend - hopefully, one kid at the arena, one at the dance studio, Saturday morning. One to a birthday party, 2 to riding lessons, Saturday afternoon, all hands on deck for barn chores, then Santa Claus Parade Saturday night. Church and fudge making and caramel corn making, all hands on deck at the barn on Sunday, more homemade crap, I mean crafts for the kiddos to wow Grandparents with
Staying around home and doing family stuff.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am also thinking of telling my husband that cleaning the top and inside of the fridge will trigger me, because there is alcohol on the top and inside. Not true at all, it's beer inside and cheap beer at that and hard liquor on the top, I am just too lazy to do it The only way I would drink either is if I had wine first. I just really am too lazy to clean the fridge and it has to be done.

...one little white lie, it's not my AV talking, it's my LV (lazy voice)
Old 12-07-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I have had incredibly bizarre and turbulent few days.

To be fair I’ve had quite a turbulent few months. I think my fractured wrist took more out of me than I thought, and it was noted at work that I had become a little quieter than usual, and I got dragged into my managers office at that time for ‘a chat’.

I know that I am never going to be “the life and soul of the party” and if there is one thing that you do not need to tell quiet people, it’s that they are quiet. I am also a worrier and when you worry, it spills over to everything that you do. And I do not have a permanent contract so every day that I go to work, I think ‘I could get fired today. Have to do my best!’ And it gets exhausting.

As I was settling in yesterday afternoon to do Mr. X’s dictations after the clinic yesterday morning, my phone rang and I was dealing with a query. As it happens, while I was on the phone, my manager tried to call me but couldn’t get through and so called my colleague instead. When I got off my phone, my colleague told me that our manager wanted to see me immediately. I just said “God, what have I done now?” And left the room.

I walked up all of those flights of stairs, feeling wobbly all the way. I knocked on her door and she said “come in Tetra. When I sat down she handed me a pen and said “could you sign here please?” I took the pen and asked “ok, what am I signing?” She said “it’s your contract extension. I have requested another year from HR but they can be quite funny about things so it could be 3 months at a time.” She also mentioned that if I needed a chat, her door is always open.

I walked out of that office in a daze, like a young fawn on wobbly legs. When I made it back to the office and fell into my chair, I couldn’t miss the glances of my colleagues, who were wondering what was up. And so I told them about it and all of my concerns. And in return for my openness, I was warmly welcomed into the fold once again, and they assured me that I will never be fired from here, that Mr. X is very fond of me and the only way I would be fired would be if I murdered him, or one of them.

Now I can sink back against the pillows for the first time in months. I can actually enjoy the run up to Christmas this year instead of worrying that I’m getting the axe. I have a few months (at least and if not more!) of reprieve anyway, and I’ve become quite fond of Mr. X and I’ve been told he is fond of me too. He is due for retirement when he reaches 65, so I would hope to stick by him until he reaches that milestone anyway.

^^^^

I actually wrote the above yesterday evening when I was still taken aback by and mulling over the days events. After the awful day I had today I’m almost regretful that I signed anything at all!!!

I’m raising a glass of ‘7Up Free’ to all of you as we are about to say goodbye to yet another year of ups and downs. But my ups were made wonderful by the support of so many friends here and IRL. Any time I've had self doubts, I've been lifted by your generous posts and messages. May Christmas 2017 bring you everything your hearts desire and may it be happier, kinder and more peaceful for those in difficult circumstances. Love always Tetra
Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Mr

Am I the only one wondering what age is Mr. X ?
like is he 63 or 64 or 51 or 45 ?