Notices

Slowly healing

Old 12-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slowly healing

Hi all what can I say it's been the hardest two weeks ever . I have had no contact at all with my ex . I do keep thinking about how he is and if he is drinking. Of course he is . It's so difficult . The no contact is awful and I cry every day .but deep down I know this is for the best . . I miss him like crazy . Such a sad sad situation I wish everyone my wishes and strenght in similar situations . I know that This will hurt like it never has for a while and I will heal over time. I stayed in the relationship for too long thinking I could control and cure his drinking . Take care out there everyone. This will get easier.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Letting go is really, really hard, but you will get through it.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Emz

I'm sorry for your pain but I think you're right - it will get a little easier
Plenty of support here too

D
Old 12-05-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today Emz5377 ?
Old 12-05-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by january161992 View Post
how are you today Emz5377 ?
Not having a great day today but thanks for asking. One day at a time. Just want to get back to the happy girl I was and start enjoying as much as I used to .slow process. But I'll be okay I know that . Just can't stand the pain . Miss him so much. No contact is definitely for the best . To be honest I'm thinking about all the times I as unhappy and not his priority which was most of the time which shows the relationship wasn't right. I deserve to be happy and be someone's priority.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

ok hugs from the group

Old 12-05-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry its still painful Emz.

D
Old 12-05-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending lots of hugs your way.❤️
Old 12-06-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all three weeks on Friday since he left. So early days. Can't believe the hurt and pain but this is so much for the best . I can change things even if he can't. Life is so short my mate does the other day she hasn't heard me laugh like that for so long. Hit home really I was holding on to tiny little bits of happiness we had together. I wish him well. Sending luv to all at there struggling.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As hard as no contact can be, the farther away from the relationship you get the more objective you become. We begin to see things that was so hard for us to see when we were in it, like only having “moments” of happiness. I think we begin to realize that what we thought our relationship was all about looks nothing like that when we look back from a distance.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
As hard as no contact can be, the farther away from the relationship you get the more objective you become. We begin to see things that was so hard for us to see when we were in it, like only having “moments” of happiness. I think we begin to realize that what we thought our relationship was all about looks nothing like that when we look back from a distance.
Totally agree . I look back every day and the relationship was so dysfunctional. I'm looking forward to having things planned with friends and family and longing for the day that I enjoy them again that will come . I know it will . Countless times I have gone over and over things they just were so wrong and I was so unhappy . Like I said before I was clinging in to those tiny bits of happiness here and there . The last tx I sent was saying goodbye three weeks ago on Friday it hurts that he didn't reply but I shouldn't be suprised. The no contact feels horrible but it's right st the same time .