Notices

The Truth behind the lies

Old 12-03-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Truth behind the lies

A friend of mine put this project together - receiving input from anonymous friends, she set out to create a story about alcohol in our modern society.

Please feel free to share it.

NFThree - Alcohol's Lies

Old 12-03-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks I watch and shared it on FB, although I'm closing my FB this afternoon after I get all the contact info I need from it.

Was a good little clip to start my morning off!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was just thinking last night as I was bailing once again on an invite out to a party because although I say yes at the time I actually don't ever want to go hang out at a bar again, anyway, I was thinking about how violent drinking can be. Pretty well every single act of violence I have witnessed or been involved in whether as the victim or perpetrator alcohol was a factor. I was thinking about being a kid and chaos and fighting and very disturbing scenes erupting with the adults in my life who'd been drinking and how in the life and family I've created as a woman the only times things like that have happened I was drinking and so were the people I was with. Drinking and violence go hand in hand, it reminds me of the saying, when you pick up one end of the stick, you pick up the other. I'm sure that my friends at the party last night had a fun night, lots of laughs and camaraderie, but I'm also sure that many of them went home and fought with their significant others and said things they never would have said. They are waking up today and feeling regretful that they drank so much and acted in ways they find shameful. I don't miss those mornings of waking up sick and full of dread and shame and regret. I remember one morning I was so sick that I was puking in the kitchen sink and heard my sweet little son asking me, "Mommy are you OK?" That's the reality of alcohol addiction. Broken people and broken families. Sober living is way better! Today I can wake up feeling refreshed and well. I can be the mother I should have always been. I can look myself and others in the eye. I will never go back to being that person, ever.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good vid, thanks for sharing.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 12-03-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, I found that incredibly sad and powerful. Thank you for sharing.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can't wait to watch this tonight!