Different day same #%&^

Old 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Different day same #%&^

I think I am finally ready to have my lawyer start separating the assets. My DD17 bday is in 2 weeks, she won't see her dad. We get our kids their college computer when they turn 18. She sent him the two models to choose from and the software she needed. He told her via text that she needed to meet him in person for dinner so they could go to the store together. Just another attempt to manipulate the situation. When she told me about it I said you have 5 days to get it or I will get it myself your choice. It is one thing after the other, he tells her he is working his program his way which means talking to the counselor that he's lied to I'm sure and continuing the charade of good guy all while drinking on the side out of sight. I had been holding off on the financial piece because I am afraid of failing, but the truth is I am in it alone anyway. Success or fail it's on me and at this rate he wouldn't be there for a bail out anyway if things went poorly. I have to start a business on my land and get it making money within 3-4 years to make this work. I plan on getting a job during those years as well to establish some health benefits maybe with the county or state if I can. All I want to do is board horses and make a place for special needs kids to feel welcome. I am asking for prayers please. Prayers for strength, resolve, patience and anything else you can think of. I am ready for success or failure I seek peace and freedom in whatever form that may be.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I send you many prayers.

I am going to thoughtfully tell you that you may want to rethink your choices. I have a friend who runs a very top notch therapeutic horse business. It's much more work than she ever dreamed it would be, and much more stress. And she is happily married.

I don't say this to discourage you, but to encourage you to talk to some people with experience in that field.

Big hugs.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you hopeful. I completely understand. I teach therapeutic horseback riding now for someone else and board with someone else. The area where I live has nothing within 1.5 hours but a large state living facility 5 min from my place. I currently teach at a state facility. I have been working on this business plan for years because I am terrified. People have slowly but steadily been showing up in my life to teach me and mentor me its quite remarkable really. My plan consists of several income streams and worse comes to worse I sell and move on. Already have that place picked out as well (different area) The land and home are paid for but lord knows I would like to have some decent health coverage once my settlement runs out. Maybe add prayers for the lotto
Old 11-29-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

V,
It sounds like you have a plan. Do your homework and seek out as much help as you can. They say that you need about six months of bills covered as you usually can't take money out immediately when starting up. As there is always things that come up. You Just don't want to under fund what you really need to do, because that is your first way of failing.

Good luck with any decision you make.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well it certainly sounds well planned out. I do think it's a rewarding experience, as you must know. I will send those prayers friend!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by viola71 View Post
All I want to do is board horses and make a place for special needs kids to feel welcome. I am asking for prayers please. Prayers for strength, resolve, patience and anything else you can think of. I am ready for success or failure I seek peace and freedom in whatever form that may be.
This is SO admirable; sending you tons of prayers & positive thoughts that things start coming together for you.