Need advice please!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need advice please!

Hello. This is my first time posting on this site. I have been dating this guy and he told me straight away that he had had a problem with alcohol and drugs in the past, but that he went to rehab and didn’t do any substance in 2 years. His job was also working in a rehab, he went to meetings, and that he was a sponsor. We had been dating for 7 months and it was the greatest relationship. We had the same interests, we had fun every time we had hung out, we always told each other how much we liked and appreciated each other, I knew he really cared about me, and I started falling in love with him. The last 2 times we had hung out I noticed he looked stressed and out of focus, but he just kept telling me that it was nothing and he was just thinking about work. Then last week after we came back from our date and I had spent the night, I woke up to him telling me that he wasn’t feeling the same as usual and that he needed to focus on himself and that everything may have seemed ok on the outside with his full time job, getting all A’s in school, and having all of these responsibilities, but inside it was starting to get at him. He said the stress was getting to him and I had noticed he was smoking more cigarettes than usual the past couple of weeks. He told me that he jumped from relationship to relationship and never had the time to focus on himself. He continued to tell me that I shouldn’t wait, but that he would come back. I was just wondering what this all meant? Why didn’t he feel that he could use me as support?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I think only he can answer those questions. We can all speculate the situation however giving an actual answer will be tough.

Can you talk to him, so maybe you have that closure. I would hope he'd understand, but he may not.

I wish you the best and maybe someone has better advice then myself.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am also new Miss. It's hard to describe how one feels, but you seem to do it very well. I can't give you advice either as I'm here for my son... sorta the same reason.

I just don't want you to feel like you are alone, because YOU ARE NOT! Ask anyone here. *hugs* be well
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Miss.
welcome.
Sounds like a guy who jumps from relationship to relationship.
Very sorry, but you probably just need to let this one go.
You deserve someone who loves and cherishes you every day.
We all do.