Thank You

Old 11-26-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Xia

Thank You

I just wanted to thank you to all of you here on SR for being a help when you don't even know you are. I'm still struggling after breaking up with my XABF over 3 months ago. We don't have any ties really (like kids, family, shared home, many years together, etc.) but strangely I am still deeply saddened by his addiction and our relationship's demise, and am still reading here. I love him dearly, albeit from a distance, and pray for him all the time. Not sure why I still care. I read here daily...sometimes I post messages of support to others but feel very unqualified to do so since I'm still struggling. But I'm very grateful for the community of support here...I read pieces of my story in so many others posts, and I read so many uplifting messages too. Thank you. It's been a lonely and sad holiday for me but I'm so grateful I had your words of strength.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending you a big hug.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Xia View Post
sometimes I post messages of support to others but feel very unqualified to do so since I'm still struggling.
The only qualification you need to post here is that your life has been affected by someone else's drinking. You surely meet that requirement, although it's unfortunate that you do...

I don't post nearly as much as I used to but I do read daily, and I do indeed benefit from both reading and posting. Please feel free to continue to do both--it helps you as well as those who read about your experiences and recognize something that will help them along their path.

We're all in this together.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was in your spot not that long ago. I remember also feeling like I didn’t belong for all the same reasons. I did though and you do too. It gets better I promise... Don’t lose faith.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your holidays a year from now will be much, much different. Take care of yourself - grieving is so difficult. (((HUGS))) to you!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Like you Xia, I didn't marry nor have children with my qualifier. I do know this makes it easier but gosh *&^%$#! it was still so so hard.

Hang tough lady. You are fighting the good fight.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Xia

Thank you, all of you, for your replies and words of kindness, empathy and encouragement. It helps so much! Hugs back to you!
Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Around the holidays is the worst. I keep thinking I should go back to him just for the holidays but the pain and hurt over past events stop me and I hope give me the strength to stay away.
Thank you to everyone for the support in such a tough moment. We are not alone and that feeling is amazing.