Notices

New here

Old 11-25-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

hi all,

I'm looking for some support as I make the decision to quit drinking. I have been drinking more and more heavily, and I don't want to do this to myself anymore. I don't want to keep hurting people I love, or staying isolated so that I can keep this addiction to alcohol a secret. I don't use during the day, I drink every night. Every single night. It is horrible. It is killing me physically, financially, and spiritually. It is one of the few "hobbies" I have left. That alone is reason enough to stop. This is not a hobby I want to have anymore. It is stealing my life from me, and the more life it steals, the more I think it is the only thing I have left.

I'm hoping that checking in here will help me to find virtual community, and the strength to stop. Finally.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR and congrats on your decision to quit. A lot of the things that led you here were the same ones that led many of us here too, so we understand how you feel,. You will find a lot of support here, hope you can join us.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard soberbondage
This community helped me turn my life around - I know we can help you too

D
Old 11-25-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! I was in exactly the same spot just over a year ago. I drank almost every night. It was no life for me. Best decision for my life I ever made was saying goodbye to my abusive relationship with alcohol. The world opens up to you.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! Congratulations on making the best decision you could make. If you are serious about this make sobriety the most important thing in your life, because it is.