Notices

Day 3 I'm excited

Old 11-25-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 I'm excited

First of all I must thank SR for ur support and understanding.it is only because of ur encouragement iv made it to day 3.
I had half day work yesterday and those free times were the ones I'd waste on drinking.i would call all friends home and cook a variety of dishes for them.i m a good cook by the way...but my secret ingredient was my glass at my side.I wud cut...wash..boil..fry..steam ..plate them but taking my delicious sips in between.yesterday I dint do it.i stayed alone..without any drink.i cooked myself n my son a delicious meal wit so secret ingredient.
we went out...passed by the offshop..I smiled and waved it bye bye.the shop was my fav stop.
I did many things I hadn't done all these years.decluttered my house.made huge bags of old clothes for the poor which otherwise was lying stashed away with the empty look of 'help'.i haven't thought about my hobbies which I should pursue..but I am sure I will one day.im looking up to my pending chores one at a time,which otherwise frustrated me but id rather drink than do them.im excited to catch up with the forum as soon as I wake up and share...because I Kno no one understands me as u all do.today is sunday.no work ..but I intend to move to day four and so on.
For me...the strong bouts of extreme anger and irritation are a challenge right now.i live alone with my 6yr old son...so it's difficult to refrain from shouting at him.therefore for some days I will let him play his games,do his work on his own.i will let him be.i think this isn't the time for me to discipline him,right?I'm glad to be posting here.if u have suggestions for me,pls do let me kno.god bless us all
Old 11-25-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 3 - that's wonderful news, Dusk. Please know that things are going to get so much better - the anxiety & nervousness should settle down. It's a huge adjustment you're making - be patient and kind to yourself. Your new life is going to be so much calmer, peaceful & filled with hope. We're glad you're part of the SR family.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank u

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Day 3 - that's wonderful news, Dusk. Please know that things are going to get so much better - the anxiety & nervousness should settle down. It's a huge adjustment you're making - be patient and kind to yourself. Your new life is going to be so much calmer, peaceful & filled with hope. We're glad you're part of the SR family.
Hevyn..ur words are so comforting and encouraging.thank u
Old 11-25-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sobriety can be rough at first but stick with it cause it does get better!
Old 11-25-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 3 Dusk
Its good your self aware about your anger and frustration.

I wouldn't say let your son run wild, but I think it's fine if he can amuse himself.

if he does need disciplining, maybe think about it a little first and do a little deep breathing before you hand down the sentence?

D
Old 11-26-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on day 3 Dusk
Its good your self aware about your anger and frustration.

I wouldn't say let your son run wild, but I think it's fine if he can amuse himself.

if he does need disciplining, maybe think about it a little first and do a little deep breathing before you hand down the sentence?

D
😊Thank u,I'll do as u say.day 3 over.i feel good
Old 11-26-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3. Look forward to a positive day 4 post!