Notices

I am new hear, Please read!

Old 10-29-2004, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am new hear, Please read!

Hi, first. I was a member at drugabuse.com for about a year now and I went there one day and it was gone, and I really miss talking about my problems and I actually had good news. Well I was taking 25-30 10mg Hydrocodones per day untill yesterday. I finally got up enough nerve to go get help, instead of trying to cut back or go CT. I failed so many times. I am now on day 2 but with the help of Suboxone as of 5:00pm yesterday. I didn't believe it was going to help untill about 10:00 last night, I didn't feel bad at all. I felt better instantly but not perfect, then last night in the middle of the night I had a Mirigrane Headache and started thowing up. I got scared, and called my Psyc. at 3:00am and he answered, told me to take 4mg and it did help. Today, I met with him, and right now I feel great. First time I am not chasing pills in 2 years. Well, I hope somone responds, I really need a home on the net to talk and I miss drugabuse.com, and If anyone hear knows what happened, please share.

Take Care
Brian
Old 10-29-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Brain...I'm so glad you found us! I LOVE it here - and yes, what a great place to share your stories! Congratulations to you on working to get clean... I'm so glad the suboxone helps...I hear the withdrawals from pain meds are hell. Just wanted to say Welcome!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Brian. I am on day 12 of being abstinant from pain meds (20-30 per day cold turkey). My detox was h3ll. Please keep me posted as to your experience with Suboxone. Is it just a detox drug or does is it for long-term maintenance, too? As for supprt, welcome to SR. This is a great place. I also recommend going to meetings and reading recovery literature. The first step is to get clean, the next one is to learn how to live life on life's terms. Keep coming back.

jojo
Old 10-29-2004, 08:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you found us here at SR. This is a great place to visit for support and encouragement.

I'm glad you're feeling good and hope you keep coming back.

Anna
Old 10-29-2004, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Peaches, Thanks for responding. I have been an addict recovering for 8 years now and did good, but a couple years ago started taking Hydrocodone, and it has been the roughest ride I have ever been on. Ive been addicted to Coke, Pot, Alcohol, ect... I did it all, but These Pain meds have been the hardest thing to quit I have ever did. The WD's to Opiates is sooooooo severe. I would have to take 5 10mg pills every 3-4 hours just to stop WD's. I couldn't even get high anymore, I just took to function. I was spending about $1000-$1500 per month to support my habbit, and I started my own business in July and it has really hurt, I am making it but just think, thats more than $5000 I have wasted and also, my liver is damaged a little bit. My Platletes are very low, and they might do a Bone Maro test, so I might have really hurt my body. I have 2 children and a good wife, so I am scared to death.

Take Care
Old 10-29-2004, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

jojo, you seem to be where I was. The suboxone is a dream come true for me. I could never get past day 4 of CT. so I think if you made it to 12, you are doing GREAT. The sub is a maintenance drug if I choose for it to be, I read alot about it before chooseing this path. I did make it 30 days last year but thought I could just take a couple, next day took 10, then you know the rest. I am going to take the Sub for a good month and then tapper. It is not suppose to be to hard to tapper with and it doesn't have the WD's that Hydro does. I will be on 12-16 mg per day for the first couple weeks and then I will start cutting down. I heard 4mg is a good maintenance point. know matter what, 2 pills compared to 30 with Tylonol, well my body will thank me. I will keep you updated. Right now I feel great, and yesterday, Day 1, at this time, I was crawling the walls. Oh yea, and you have to locate a doctor that can prescibe it, there was only 3 in my area and I live in a pretty populated area on the coast. My doctor is monitoring me thru the whole process.

Take Care