Notices

Trigger avoided

Old 11-22-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trigger avoided

I got some more really bad news at work today. . .there is a possibility that there will be redundancies in my department. Consequently, a few of my colleagues asked me to go for a drink after work. I could have went and drunk water or coffee but decided to just go home and relax instead. I'm pleased that I managed to avoid a potential trigger. I just thought
about how much worse I would feel tomorrow if I ended up drinking tonight. I've opted for a cosy night with a good tv series instead. I know at one point if I had received such news, I'd be drunk by now. . .
Old 11-22-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you and your co-workers fare well during this time of change at work. For sure, you will be in much better decision to deal with anything that happens, when you are sober.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I hope that you and your co-workers fare well during this time of change at work. For sure, you will be in much better decision to deal with anything that happens, when you are sober.
Thank you Anna.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sounds like a great plan missC. My entire division is under the gun right now too as part of a major reorganization so I get the uneasiness/uncertainty part for sure. Even pulling the drinking out of the equation, those after work discussions usually just generate more rumors and uneasiness anyway - so staying home and making your own plans is a great idea.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Really good choice. I know today you’re very glad you chose not to drink. I wish you the best and hope things fare well with you. Keep staying strong!
Old 11-22-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott. Yes, you are right. . .it would probably only lead to overthinking and an negative atmosphere anyway.
I hope things go well for you. Stressful times! We can do it though! 😊