Worrying for nothing ... AGAIN!

Old 10-29-2004, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worrying for nothing ... AGAIN!

The other day I was worrying myself to death because a very good friend of mine (14 years) hadn't called me and didn't return my calls. The ole co-de thing, worry so much you can't think of anything else.

When he finally did call I broke down in a cry of relieve. He wasn't mad at me, he was giving me some space because he knew I had a lot going on. (He has been very supportive of my recovery.)

Anyway, I told him yesterday that I've decided I'm not going to worry anymore if he don't call when I think he's going to and I will trust that if he does have a problem or is upset with me for some reason or other, he will tell me. That felt good. By me telling him that, I took the responsibility of trying to figure out what he's thinking off of me.

This is a step I can apply to anyone and any situation. I'm glad I learned how to do it - now lets see how good it works for me....lol
Old 10-29-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds good I'm trying to do the same thing latley. I even posted about it in mental health cause I'm worrying so much latley that I've decided to see a therapist.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am the proverbial "worry wart"! i can make myself soooo anxious sometimes. i too have started counseling and hope this will help with my recovery!

jessica - glad to her the good news!