Notices

Advice please

Old 11-21-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice please

Well today I got an endoscopy. Results were pretty good considering the years of abuseto my stomach. I have gastritis and an ulcer. I'm ok with that. I have decided to completely overhaul my diet. I'm going to stick to low fat foods and more bland foods in an attempt to clear my stomach. So my problem is this. My best friend has text me and asked how I got on. I explained my results. I also have inflammation of my stomach. I told her my plans to stop eating crappy foods and she replied to me saying wow I wouldn't be able for that why would you even do that imagine everything u will miss. I then said well I believe it will help me so I am willing to try anything at this stage. Now bare in mind I haven't told her iv quit drinking before tonight. I then told her I am quitting alcohol as it is not good for my stomach and I am on medication now so I won't be able to drink. She was my drinking buddy. Her response shocked me. She said u won't be able to stop why would u even want to think of us in the garden in the summer having a cold one. I responded and said no I am staying off the drink I drank way to much and it was starting to become a problem. Yes I played it down but I did tell her. She then said u won't stick to that wait and we are all drinking u won't just sit there and watch us. I don't know what I'm even asking for writing this I suppose I'm just shocked at her lack of support. I have been sober for quite some time. I constantly made excuses not to drink with her. Now I have told her and she said this. I suppose I'm just hurt.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations for getting that conversation out of the way. I know it hurts, but it was probably necessary. Btw, I had an endoscopy because of stomach problems. Totally gross! However, when I don’t drink and look after myself, those problems pretty much disappear😀
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Put a little sign on your frig which reads :

OH NO? JUST WATCH ME!!!

Look at every day and smile!!!
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
Congratulations for getting that conversation out of the way. I know it hurts, but it was probably necessary. Btw, I had an endoscopy because of stomach problems. Totally gross! However, when I don’t drink and look after myself, those problems pretty much disappear😀
Thank you so much for your response. Yes it was hard to tell her but I just didn't expect her to laugh it off and make me feel like that. I know I am doing the right thing now I just need to focus on myself. The endoscopys are gross I agree😂. But I am hoping now that things improve. Thank you so much for your support
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope that your gastro issues resolve quickly, Lola.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Put a little sign on your frig which reads :

OH NO? JUST WATCH ME!!!

Look at every day and smile!!!
What a great idea😀. I will definitely do that. I am going to do this. I am so determined. I celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday. ALCOHOL FREE. For the first time in 6 years. I'm feeling so positive and hopeful.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lola1987 View Post
What a great idea😀. I will definitely do that. I am going to do this. I am so determined. I celebrated my 30th birthday yesterday. ALCOHOL FREE. For the first time in 6 years. I'm feeling so positive and hopeful.

Lola!!!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope that your gastro issues resolve quickly, Lola.

Thank you soberleigh. I'm very hopeful without all the bad foods and alcohol that I improve no end.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lola!!!!!
Thank you so much 😀😀😀
Old 11-21-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lola1987 View Post
Thank you soberleigh. I'm very hopeful without all the bad foods and alcohol that I improve no end.
I bet you will!!!!!

Hope you love the sober life as much as I do!!!!!! ❤️
Old 11-21-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, Iola.
I think that your friend’s reaction to your news is pretty common.
Two things come to mind: either she’s a normal drinker and truly does not get how we must not and cannot drink.
Or she doesn’t want to think about her own drinking.
Good luck with the stomach stuff.
I had some horrible tummy stuff going on toward the end of my drinking time.
Stopped the alcohol and all was well. Never looked back.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hi, Iola.
I think that your friend’s reaction to your news is pretty common.
Two things come to mind: either she’s a normal drinker and truly does not get how we must not and cannot drink.
Or she doesn’t want to think about her own drinking.
Good luck with the stomach stuff.
I had some horrible tummy stuff going on toward the end of my drinking time.
Stopped the alcohol and all was well. Never looked back.
Thank you maudcat for your reply. I think she drinks more then she tells me I'm just not sure. I think our whole friendship was based on drinking. I just know for me it all has to change. I'm looking forward to my stomach being better I am going to stock up on vitamins and get extremely healthy. Well that's my goal. I am going to join the gym also this weekend and put my energy into that and work.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I bet you will!!!!!

Hope you love the sober life as much as I do!!!!!! ❤️
Thank you it's a scary thought living life without alcohol. I tried to moderate and that was a joke. I cannot stop drinking until I am extremely drunk. Onwards and upwards now for me. I have a plan to save whatever money I spent on alcohol until the summer and bring my mam to lanzarote 💗
Old 11-21-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had to Google Lanzarote. Well worth saving up to go there!
Old 11-21-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

Can't top the good advice by the other folks ... sorry your friend was not supportive. Onward and upward
Old 11-21-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Lola

My life changed in a lot of ways when I got sober but my real friends supported my decision

sounds like your friend was a bit shocked at the suddenness of this. If she;s a real friend and there;'s more to your relationship than drinking buddies, I hope in time maybe she'll come round.

D
Old 11-21-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy birthday!!

False friends and those you're not enabling when you quit will vanish. F'em!!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for the lack of support you received.

I'm glad for your decision to quit drinking.

For what it's worth; I believe in you. I KNOW you can do it... because I did it.

And you CAN too.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It's sometimes difficult to do, but sometimes we just have to realize that some of our friends may not be the best people for us to be around. I recently had to give up a very, very long friendship. My friend would do anything on earth for me, but she was continuously criticizing me. Nothing I did was right with her. I finally realized how bad all of the negative comments were for me. It was hard to walk away, but I did and I'm so much better off now.
It kind of sounds to me that she may have a drinking problem of her own and may be somewhat jealous that you're doing something about your problem. Just a thought.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Lola!