You would not believe what's happened now

Old 11-20-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You would not believe what's happened now

This judge. Said I had not provided proof of imminent harm to my children. Ex-husband failed two drug tests (meth). Also failed to appear twice. Mediator recommended supervised visitation. Judge denied.

I started reading about passive exposure to drugs- that children are incredibly susceptible. That in homes where meth is smoked, children often show positive results. That hair follicle testing is the most accurate for passive exposure.

Had one child tested (couldn't afford to do both)- what do you think the result was?

Big. Fat. Positive.

Went to court. My ex's attorney says I must have given the kid the drugs. Drugged my 7-year-old. Judge says there is "conflicting data" because ex passed this stupid addiction evaluation (a f***ing questionnaire) and was able to pass two non-random drug tests (but can't pass a damn random one for the life of him!)

I've contacted abcNews and hope to G_d my story gets out. F this sh!t!

To his credit, judge did agree to end visitation until our trial (in two weeks). But to me, that's just too little, too late! HE IS RESPONSIBLE.

I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have no faith in this system, none at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they do decide I drugged my kid.

And I need a better lawyer! MINE IS WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for listening. Praying this nightmare will end soon.

Last edited by Hechosedrugs; 11-20-2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Made mistake
Old 11-20-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Yes for a better lawyer.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Justice is blind and that judge is stupid if he can't see that your children need to be kept safe.

I'm glad you went to the media, there is something terribly wrong here.
Keeping you and your children in my prayers.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

This is horrible. I feel your anger. You need a better lawyer. Can not believe this stupid stupid judge. What the... your poor kid. It's so unfair that this is happening.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't care what that stupid judge says, I would never send my kids there again. Let them lock me up, but no way would I send my kids there, just my 2 cents worth. Good luck finding a new lawyer.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No way am I sending them over there. At least now my court order says I'm within my rights to withhold visitation until trial.

After that, if he did grant unsupervised, I risk going to jail if I violate order. But then, I'd also risk going to jail for neglect if I allowed visitation and CPS caught wind. So you know what? I'M F***ING DONE PLAYING BY THE RULES.

My parents, these cute little law-abiding citizens, are so over it, too. My mom risked contempt of court and actually stood up yesterday to tell the judge, "YOU NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN!" He took down her name. I wonder if he'll refuse to allow her in courtroom from now on? That would suck. I need my Mommy right now!

Anyway, there's progress happening, or so it would seem. For now.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unbelievable! Have you contacted the bar or is there anything at all you can do about this judge?

I am so sorry friend. Yes to a different attorney!! Sending huge hugs and many prayers.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh my God! Find yourself a new lawyer ASAP, this is unacceptable!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Unbelievable! Have you contacted the bar or is there anything at all you can do about this judge?

I am so sorry friend. Yes to a different attorney!! Sending huge hugs and many prayers.
Judges have judicial immunity. I could report him, but it is unlikely they will do anything- and then he'll have it out for me even more.

I just cannot believe this stupid drug evaluation that gave my ex the "all clear". They said he was at 0 risk. How in the eff could a court take a dang questionnaire seriously? And he mostly used it to bash me, saying I was always accusing him of outrageous things because I'm mad that he's so in lurrrv with his new girlfriend, who he states has never abused any substances or alcohol (even though she was arrested less than a year ago for possession of meth!)

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No sage advice, just sending you some extra strength and love right now. At least you are able to protect your kids for a little while.

Would it be wrong of me to hope that your ex goes on a bender that ends in a televised multistate police chase? Maybe the judge would get a clue then. Ugh. So sorry.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes, this!!!!!

Many, many hugs!

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
No sage advice, just sending you some extra strength and love right now. At least you are able to protect your kids for a little while.

Would it be wrong of me to hope that your ex goes on a bender that ends in a televised multistate police chase? Maybe the judge would get a clue then. Ugh. So sorry.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm new Sweetheart, but I've read your thread and WOW! I'm so sorry for your legal problems. But I AM a "prayer", so trust me, I will!

Good luck with God's help! <3