Notices

Day 4 almost over

Old 11-19-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 almost over

Thank you everyone ! I am about ready to pass the 96 hour mark and I am quite surprised that I have had some withdrawals that I never thought I would. Right now just antsy and slightly itchy but not as bad as yesterday. It is amazing because this morning I woke up feeling perfect but then as the day progressed I felt worse but still better then yesterday. Tomorrow I have to go to work which I am not looking forward to but I have a doctors appointment at 3.

The doctors appointment was originally for a yearly checkup and then changed for my blood sugar and neuropathy, and now a big part of it will be to talk about me quitting booze. I would like to think I am past the point of possibly dyeing but a checkup will be nice. Reading these posts on this forum have been nice and helpful. I know we all have our demons , some have it worse than others but everyone’s words have helped. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're welcome from everyone here.
Good for you for going to the dr. Be brutally honest about your drinking, would be my advice.
I hope it goes well, and let us know.
Oh, and congratulations on four days! That was always the hardest day for me.
And remember, you never have to drink or go through withdrawal again.
best to you.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 96 hours! And on a weekend to boot. Be honest with your Dr about everything. They're there to help! 😀
Old 11-19-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job on 4 days! Im just a few days head of you. Hey we get to have a great start tomorrow without feeling terrible. Happy for you making it 4 days sober
Old 11-20-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Agree on the Dr. They've heard it all, don't hold back, be totally honest and they will give you the help you need. Not sure where you are located, but if in the US we have HPPA, which means your health records remain private to anyone except yourself, including your employer if you have health care through them.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinnacleOR View Post
Agree on the Dr. They've heard it all, don't hold back, be totally honest and they will give you the help you need. Not sure where you are located, but if in the US we have HPPA, which means your health records remain private to anyone except yourself, including your employer if you have health care through them.
Yeah , Live in the US. I am not ashamed to be honest as I never” thought “ I had a problem and not scared to tell the doctor as this is their job to help me stay healthy, as long as I do my part. I did not know it was a true problem until I decided to quit to get my blood sugar in line. Lol. Morning of day 5 is here and having a heard time concentrating at work and feeling slightly sick but hopefully it will pass. Did two sets of stair runs up 5 flights of stairs to see if that would help. Lol I cannot say it did but cannot hurt. I keep on saying tomorrow will be better.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to the docs and all my vitals came back perfect. Now that she knows my history she immediately ordered a fatty liver ultrasound even though if it is bad she said the result will be no drinking. I told her I wasn’t planning on it and wanted the best adice going forward and I am sure you all here the same, diet and exercise. I am Happy everything came out average and nothing super bad and now work on losing weight and eating better. I guess I was looking for compassion and guidance at the doctors where I got “better get healthier or Your f**ked”. lol it all works

A couple hours until I end day 5 which makes me happy.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 5 Snow

D
Old 11-20-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you got good news at the doctors, Snow. Congrats on your 5 days - what a great thing.