Signs

Old 11-15-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Signs

Hi Everyone,

I don't know about most of you but I believe in signs. I'll give you an example of some that I've gotten. I'm not religious, but I am spiritual.

One week, and it was a bad one, my XAB was on one of his multi-day binges...it was a bad one...there was paranoia, accusations against my sister and the kids of having seances and trying to murder him...threats against me...throwing, falling down...it was 72 hours STRAIGHT of extreme drunken behavior. I was laying in bed and it was around 2:30 in the morning when he came in and started garbling things at me....he ended up with an expletive towards me and slammed out of the room. I pretended to be asleep. When he was gone, I looked up at the dark ceiling and prayed to give me the strength to do what I need to do to be happy again. I swear to you all....my TV turned on at that very moment. I don't know if it was God or my late parents haunting me, but that was a sign. That weekend is when I found the house and decided to move out.

Well, since I've moved, there have been two doves that sit in the tree outside my back door. Every single day they are there. I was told once that spirit guides don't tell you what to do, but once you make a decision they are there to guide you.

Here's another one....I haven't talked to my ex for over a week...no communication whatsoever....I started to miss him...then I receive a text from him clearly wasted and I didn't miss him at all. That was a sign, too. Although, much more obvious, huh?

I heard yesterday that when he's questioned about being drunk, he states that I'm poisoning him and he's dying...he's not drunk! Sheesh!! It must be telepathically!!!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

VERY cool about the doves. i believe there are signs, all the time, but we have to willing and open to SEEING them.

i hope your home will always be a safe sanctuary for you! with your guardian doves.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lovely post!
I have also asked for (and received) signs when I needed them most
Old 11-15-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, there are signs and flags everywhere, it's really up to us to choose to see them or not.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is great, thank you for sharing! I too believe in signs...I think of it as the universe working with us as guides. Not just making our problems disappear, but leading us to peace if we can trust that it's there
Old 11-15-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Observe the small wonders that take place in your life each and every moment, as symbolic signs are unique and personal to everyone. Signs and messages appear in ways that resonate with you and that compliment your lifestyle. Be grateful for all the signs, messages and wonderful gifts from the Universe.
The more I look, the more I ask, the more I see and the more open I've been to believing.

Sometimes it's something someone says, sometimes a sign on a truck or billboard, a commercial... many times it's a song... sometimes a number really catches my attention and I look up numerology, sometimes I'm drawn to paying attention to animals I've seen, who come across my path, and I'll look up Native American animal spirit meanings.

Often I'm drawn to the right church at the right time to hear something that really speaks to me, including a church service in the mountains and a Native American church camp-meeting. Church things bring me back to Native things, and then Natives I meet often bring me back to conventional religion. I'm embracing the beautiful, illogical ways of life.

Prayer:

Please give me eyes to see,
Ears to hear,
Strength to embrace the Illogical.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a sign on Monday. I had worn some knee high boots that day for the first time this fall season- all day long.Around 8:30 PM I tried on some pants in a local store. Put the boots back on started to walk out the door and l felt something in the bottom of my boot. I took the boot off and found a metal paper holder I use when I play the piano- it holds the music book in place. Now I love to play piano but I am shy about it and beat myself up over every mistake- so I had just come back to piano two days before. And felt like a little nudging in the piano direction- just go slow- even got some inner direction for a new way to practice. Now I had not used the paper holder- didn't even know where it was. On Monday- in those boots- I had a date- took myself to Starbucks. did laundry, cleaned the apartment, went to the apartment office and resigned my lease, shredded papers, walked the dogs, and met a friend at a restaurant for dinner. After dinner I walked the mall and went shopping. That's when I found the paper holder. A sign- get back into piano!!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't think I believe in signs - messages sent to me by some powerful force in the universe. But I do believe that we make meaning out of the things that happen to us, so everything that you've described sounds meaningful to me. The fact that you noticed the doves in the tree - to me that says something important about your state of mind and your receptiveness to the idea of building a new life.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I believe in signs whole heartedly. These last 6 months I have been hit over the head with meeting new people who keep showing up in my life. I was feeling overwhelmed by the thought of keeping the farm (which is my dream), how I would do it alone. I was at the farm for 30 min just to pick some things up and a 90 year old woman pulled into my drive as I was leaving. She proceeded to tell me she would help me (not knowing my situation) she had been a widow for 50 years. She manages over 50 acres and still does all the farm business and lives alone. She wants to drive me all over the countryside and introduce me to her friends most of them in their 60's all single women farmers/ranchers. I needed that boost and their it was so I don't abandon my dream. This is just one person in what seems to be a parade of support coming out of the universe. You will see the signs if you are open to it.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dove:

"The Dove represents peace of the deepest kind. It soothes and quiets our worried and troubled thoughts, and enables us to find renewal in the silence of mind. In these moments of stillness we are able to appreciate the simple things in life.

If dove flies into your life, you are being asked to go within and release your emotional disharmony, be it of the past or the present. Dove helps us to rid trauma stored within our cellular memory."
Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today as I drove by Barnes & Nobles bookstore, lyrics on the radio... "books I love to read". DS10 and I were on the way to the library.

These things make hard times easier and good days brighter. It's like seeing more colors in life, feeling more hope, hearing good news around each turn.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I believe I received signs for years, I was simply not in the head space to realize it.

Good for you!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
Dove:

"The Dove represents peace of the deepest kind. It soothes and quiets our worried and troubled thoughts, and enables us to find renewal in the silence of mind. In these moments of stillness we are able to appreciate the simple things in life.

If dove flies into your life, you are being asked to go within and release your emotional disharmony, be it of the past or the present. Dove helps us to rid trauma stored within our cellular memory."
It does bring me a really peaceful feeling when I sit outside on the deck and watch the doves. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by viola71 View Post
I believe in signs whole heartedly. These last 6 months I have been hit over the head with meeting new people who keep showing up in my life. I was feeling overwhelmed by the thought of keeping the farm (which is my dream), how I would do it alone. I was at the farm for 30 min just to pick some things up and a 90 year old woman pulled into my drive as I was leaving. She proceeded to tell me she would help me (not knowing my situation) she had been a widow for 50 years. She manages over 50 acres and still does all the farm business and lives alone. She wants to drive me all over the countryside and introduce me to her friends most of them in their 60's all single women farmers/ranchers. I needed that boost and their it was so I don't abandon my dream. This is just one person in what seems to be a parade of support coming out of the universe. You will see the signs if you are open to it.
That's wonderful! I've been contacted by so many people I've met over the years asking if I need anything, asking how I am, it's nice to be free to make friends again. You farm sounds like my dream life. I wish you positive vibes so that you're able to keep it.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by viola71 View Post
That is awesome, viola. Farming can be a lot of work, but it's so worth it! After my dad died my mom went through wondering how she was going to take care of the farm with him gone. She's in her late 70's now and still on the farm and he died almost five years ago. People ask her if she's still on the farm and when she says yes they tend to look at her funny like, "How can you still be doing that?" They don't get it. They don't realize that she's been living on that farm since the 1960's, it's what she knows and greatly loves so she is inspired everyday by things that happen on the farm. She's tough. Oh, and she believes in signs too...
Old 11-17-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I definitely believe in signs and I see them all the time.