Notices

New member here

Old 11-14-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New member here

Hello everyone. This is my second stab at alcohol recovery. The first time didn't go so well and ended up being a 5 year cycle that ended in my realization that yes, I do need help. I've been a binge drinker since I started drinking. I'm good for about 4 blackouts a year. I have no idea why I can't control myself when I start drinking or why I can't seem to find the off button until it's to late. The shame is overwhelming sometimes (I can't believe I did that.....I said what? I hurt who?). Anywho, I'm ready to give this another shot.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family! I hope our support and experiences can help you get sober for good.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Binge,

Welcome back. Booze addiction is real as a heart attack. The mental lasts a lifetime.

I join Sr at 80 days clean because I was dealing w heavy obsessions because I never really learned to deal w life sober.

I thought I was losing it. Now with around 1000 days clean, things are better,but not perfect for sure.

This place saved my life.

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR; you have come to a great place for understanding, support and encouragement.

Choosing sobriety was one of my best decisions of my life. Hope that you find it to be the same.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome, you've found a great place for support.
Your second stab isn't too bad, just don't get down on yourself for not making it the first time.
It took me a hundred stabs, and I'm not exaggerating, to finally begin to make progress.

I couldn't control my drinking once I started, either. I binged drank, too. For days at a time. Then recover and do it all over again. I lived like that for thirty years.
I really hope you can save yourself some misery and make it this time.
You can quit. I did and I was a bad drunk

It's great to have you here. You'll find folks who understand.
Best to you.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don’t know why I can’t control it either, all I have to know now is that I can’t. The other information doesn’t matter as much as total acceptance of the reality.

Best wishes! Sobriety is possible.