Notices

Day 2 after relapse.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 after relapse.

I still feel really bad about my relapse. My girlfriend started barely talking to me and give me some advised. But the feeling doesn’t go I don’t know what to do. I feel super depressed.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alexloaiza View Post
I still feel really bad about my relapse. My girlfriend started barely talking to me and give me some advised. But the feeling doesn’t go I don’t know what to do. I feel super depressed.
I am on day 2 as well. Congratulations. Wish u all the best. The way I see it is Day 2 is better than Day 0.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alexloaiza View Post
Hey Alexloaiza, welcome to SR

Welcome to sobriety, we have to feel our feelings, and it's miserable. I consider myself a pretty "manly man" and I cried on and off for days after I started taking my sobriety seriously. I had ruined another relationship with a wonderful lady and I couldn't deal with the pain and depression either. What did I do....?

I used those feelings to inspire myself. I don't want to feel that way ever again, and I don't want to hurt people anymore. I'm a pretty likeable and nice person sober, I'm a heartless and mean drunk. You can't let your drunk behaviors define you.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but those feelings come from recognizing mistakes you've made. We all have made mistakes, we can learn from them, or be destined to repeat them. I repeated them for 10 years.

What kind of life do you want and deserve? A happy life full of success and accomplishment? Sobriety brings that in time.

What is your relapse prevention plan? How do you intend to stay sober?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was sober for a year until now. I’m planning to go back to meetings and therapy and try to stay busy as much as I can.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the relapse. I did something similar after a period of sobriety. However, I drank for a bit before I saw sense again!

Booking some therapy sessions and going to meetings sounds like a good start for recovery. Your gf probably has a right to be annoyed (my wife did anyway) but she’ll probably come around once she sees you living sober for a while. Good luck. You can do this✊️