Notices

Anxiety

Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety

7.5 months kratom free suddenly anxiety is really bad?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Might go visit your doctor and ask them. I don’t know anything about that drug.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm ok today. Kratom actually saved my ass. I was hooked on Vicodin first. NEVER had cravings like that. Not even 1st got sober from crack and alcohol 15 years ago. Opiates produce monster cravings
Kratom did not. It took it all away!!!!!
Old 11-14-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm trying to quit kratom now. Congrats for getting off it! Was up to 45g/day. Down to 9g. I'm off today and pushing myself till bed time so I can make another drop.

I ended up on kratom after being sober for nearly a year. It was in reaction to depression. I was always looking for an out. Thought I found it in something that's "addictive as coffee"

I've learned the hard way that it's important to address depression and anxiety in a healthy manner.

I'm finding meditation to be very helpful on that front. It takes practice, but becomes more powerful the more you do it. In fact, study it. Keep searching and learning and applying.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The fear is much larger than the withdraw. I had some urges that black seed oil helped with. I go to meetings and use a sponsor. L tyrosine and Dlpa..... These things helped alot. And today I'm going great. I don't use anything anymore 7.5 months but a program is a must for me
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS)???. I had a different substance (alcohol), but had reversion to withdrawal level anxiety at 4 and 6 months.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by safelygo View Post
The fear is much larger than the withdraw. I had some urges that black seed oil helped with. I go to meetings and use a sponsor. L tyrosine and Dlpa..... These things helped alot. And today I'm going great. I don't use anything anymore 7.5 months but a program is a must for me
Great job!
NA all the way for me
Old 11-16-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

TIPS FOR DEALING WITH ANXIETY (the American Assoc for Anxiety & Depression)

Take a Time-Out. Try some yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping back from the problem can help clear your head.

Eat well-balanced meals. Do not skip any meals. Keep healthful, energy-boosting snacks on hand. Limit caffeine.

Get enough sleep/rest. Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health. Use an iPod or exercise buddy to help you stick to your routine.

Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. Belly-Breathing: Sit comfortably with shoulders, head and neck relaxed. Breath in slowly through your nose so that your stomach expands. Tighten stomach muscles, letting them fall inward as you exhale slowly through your mouth.

Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which isn’t possible, be proud of however close you get.

Accept that you cannot control everything. Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?

Welcome humour. A good laugh goes a long way.

Maintain a positive attitude. Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.

Get involved. Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.

Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school or something else you can’t identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed. Look for a pattern.

Talk to someone. Tell friends/family you’re feeling overwhelmed and let them know how they can help. Talk to a professional.

Books

Amen, Daniel Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
Bassett, Lucinda From Panic to Power
Burns, David MD When Panic Attacks
Chodron, Pema The Places that Scare You
Doidge, Norman MD The Brain that Changes Itself
Dyer, Wayne Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
Orsilla, Ken Mindful Way Through Anxiety