Notices

My emotions are killing me!!!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My emotions are killing me!!!!!

Yesterday it felt like I was on top of the world and today I am so depressed. I am crying my eyes out right now. I can't stand this!! How can I be so happy one day and totally the opposite the next? What is wrong with me?

:sink Drowing in tears

Old 10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hang in there, this to shall pass! It's normal, hang tough!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Does it take a long time for emotions to balance out? At least I know it's normal.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Hope)))

Hang in there girl. It does get better. I can't give you a time, as it varies with each individual, but it really does get better. I'll have 6 months on Monday, and I can say that the mood swings aren't nearly as bad, or as often. Just know that it does get better.

Love ya,
Sherry
Old 10-28-2004, 01:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope-- The mental anguish is part of why we drank/used and it just got worse and worse. Well, there's mental anguish in getting sober, too. The ups and down are hard but, if you stick with it, they will even out. Nothing is worth drinking over... do you believe that? Because, my darling, this too really will pass. Just don't drink for now, OK?

jojo
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((Hope)))))) you're a female hon, it comes with the territory, aren't we emotional beings us gals? especially being addicts ugh, makes my head spin at times Hope, I wonder after, what the heck was that all about. Hang in there, go do something, get out for a walk, run if you have to.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Hope)))

I went through that recently. I'm now coming out of it. I can vouch for the fact that it does get better. We're learning to feel and deal with life again. Look at it this way. It's making you stronger. It's a rite of passage of sorts. Your moving on to the next stage in your life. If you really think about it, it makes perfectly good sense. If we don't learn to feel and handle life sober, we'd go back to what is familiar to us, which is drinking. We drink to dull our emotions. We must re-learn how to handle our emotions, get to know and feel who we really are. It's a good thing Hope. It may not seem like it now, but it is. Hang in there girl. Stay strong and close to those who understand and can offer support. Remember it's always darkest before the dawn. The sun is rising and you're almost there. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise.

LeAnne
Old 10-28-2004, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
spirit

gday hope

mmm tears are our way of clensing the soul - also while we are crying we cant do anything else that might hurt us.

think of it as a time to take a 'mental health day' - time out chill out etc

i know you feel like crap - i have those days too, but we get through them, just as we get through the good ones
hugs to you

kath
Old 10-28-2004, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope,

It's a tough time to go through emotionally when you first stop drinking, but it will get better. Your body and mind need to learn to cope without alcohol and your emotions are all over the place right now. Just hang in there and things will get better.

Love, Anna
Old 10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

two words "ICE CREAM!"

Hang in there.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((((((Hope)))))))))))) - I can so relate! When I first started my road to recovery, I would literally be on top of the world, and then for no other reason, be in tears the next. I felt like I was going crazy, but then realized it was just the pain finally being allowed an avenue to escape...I was finally letting myself feel. Hang in there sweetie...tomorrow is another day!
Old 10-28-2004, 06:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Everyone here has given me so much hope. Thanks so much everyone. I made it through these emotions sober. I'm so glad I have all of you. I owe you all so much! Remember that I'm here if you ever need to talk! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!

Much love,
Hope
Old 10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Hope, it does get better. Roller Coaster emotions are just part of the process of your body adjusting to life without crutches. Be careful of your sugar intake, you can have a little candy to boost you up, but if you have too much it'll just drop you all the way back down again when your body uses it all up.

Excercise helps a lot. Just getting up and going up and down stairs can make a big difference. If you can handle it, do some aerobics.

What helps the most is to call your sponsor and go to meetings. Nothing can "ground" you as well as a real voice from a real person.

Mike :-)
Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

(((((((((((Hope)))))))))))) Glad to hear you are feeling better. Just wanted to say welcome to the roller-coaster ride that is sobriety. If you think about how long you used booze to keep yourself from having to feel, it might be easier to accept that it will take time to get used to feeling now. My roller-coaster is still cruising, but the hills and valleys have gotten smaller. Glad you got through this one sober. Remember, each time we get through a tough time it only makes us stronger!

Love and hugs--
Old 10-28-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sobriety is a rollercoaster of emotions! But we can handle these much better sober. What a beautiful journey we are walking upon. I feel the best is yet to come. I'm fortunate to be along for the ride. These emotions can be very tricky.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((((((((Hope))))))))))))

Right on girl, so happy you didn't let the drinking get the best of you, you wanna talk about emotions after eh?
Keep dancing in the light Hope.

Love you Hope.....Denise