Notices

A little advice on someone who has been through this.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little advice on someone who has been through this.

First of all, It's 30 days sober for me today, Yay! My problem is getting over the loss of an ex-bf where we lived together for a year and a half. We were both active alcoholics. The drunk fighting did us in and we walked away from each other.

I find myself, being sober with clarity now thinking about him daily. I really loved him, believing he was my soulmate. I'm 58 and feel so alone and miserable without him. Maybe because I will be having wrist surgery on Wednesday due to a fracture and he won't be by my side.

He calls weekly and I run into him occasionally which brings back all the memories. I hope for a " do-over" but judging by his behavior towards me, he just wants to be friends. I can't do that as I still love him.

How do I,or what can I do to get him out of my head, once and for all? People say time heals all wounds, so I am guessing I have to wait it out . I won't drink to lick my wounds as that will only lead up to drunk calling and texting and making me look like a fool.

Any advice from anyone who has been through this will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How do I,or what can I do to get him out of my head, once and for all?
there was no way i could get over someone that was emotionally unavailable of i kept contact with her. i had to stop all communication.
that would probably be a wise decision to make to start the process of loving yourself
Old 11-12-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lee

Time really does heal all wounds - I hope that you'll find someone one day soon who suits the new sober you

D