Notices

Concert

Old 11-11-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Concert

Well, I made it through a concert sober.
Things I noticed :
Drunk people are annoying
Drunk people are loud and obnoxious
Drunk people lose respect for others by the number of drinks they've consumed
Drunk people don't listen, they've lost all reasoning skill

So, this venue we went to was terrible. I had never been there before, however, we had VIP so I figured there would be a section for us, maybe a few chairs NOPE. standing for 5.5 hours in heels, waiting 2 of those hours just for the show to start. We ended up leaving early, didn't get to see the entire set of Jon Pardi play. I didn't leave because the AV, that voice was nowhere in sight. We left because I was always someone's leaning post, not only do I have to hold my body weight, now I have a girl who's probably 110 ponds, leaning on me all night. My boyfriend was drunk and getting annoying, he kept having to get another drink, or go to the bathroom or smoke. Well every time he did this a new person would try and take his spot against the railing, when he would come back these people were mad. Excuse me, I told you he was coming back and I didn't attend the show with them, ha. I got a few eye rolls, some grunts and mean glares because reasoning skills had left the building!
I think I would have stuck it out had we not met Jon Pardi before the show but because we met him, got a 3 song private set from him it honestly made leaving Super easy.

I am not sure how they get 4,400 people out if that building in 30 mins, but I wanted nothing to do with that mess. There had to be a few dwi handed out last night just from the concert goers. We witnessed a fight, and just crappy drunk people. There were the fun loving drunk people too, but they were still annoying.

Another event sober, another lesson learned.

Thanks for allowing me the space to vent
Old 11-11-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yah, concerts stopped being fun some time back.
Even without alcohol, them or me, I found people in general were rude and disrespectful to the bands and the concert goers.
I went to a small venue event last week, a tribute to Bob Dylan.
I didn’t think I would like it much, as I am not a Dylan fan.
Turns out I am not a Dylan VOICE fan.
It was so much fun.
The artists were amazing and the audience was respectful of their talent.
But...guess what?
No alcohol was served.
Hmmmm.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Glad you made it through sober.

I would have been aggravated by all the drunks and aggravation was a trigger for me in early recovery. I might have drank. That's why I waited two years before I attended my first sober concert.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Dream,

You are smart to quit. Booze is poison.

Hopefully, your boy will catch on.

Ingesting alcohol is a learned behavior, it can be unlearned.

Change of subject...

All that drama of being on the rail is a challenge, but the view is the best!

I love seeing my favorite bands too. I don't venture into the upfront standing area usually though. Years ago I saw the Scorpions and this guy kept hitting the back of my head when he was doing his fist pump in the air thing.

I told him to knock it off, he kept doing it. I ended up having to leave the area or I was going to be fighting w him the whole concert. It sucked.

I didn't let it ruin the show. He was just a trouble maker.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Yah, concerts stopped being fun some time back.
Even without alcohol, them or me, I found people in general were rude and disrespectful to the bands and the concert goers.
I went to a small venue event last week, a tribute to Bob Dylan.
I didn’t think I would like it much, as I am not a Dylan fan.
Turns out I am not a Dylan VOICE fan.
It was so much fun.
The artists were amazing and the audience was respectful of their talent.
But...guess what?
No alcohol was served.
Hmmmm.
I am all for the smaller more intimate settings, that's for sure. And to think, I used to be one of them annoying, rude concert goers. Yuk.
I am 48 days sober and the more drunk I see in people the more sober I want to stay!

That shows sounds amazing, I'm glad you went an had a good time!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Glad you made it through sober.

I would have been aggravated by all the drunks and aggravation was a trigger for me in early recovery. I might have drank. That's why I waited two years before I attended my first sober concert.
I can totally understand this, it didn't matter for me I would drink for any and every emotion. I had a plan and stuck to it. Nothing can compromise my sobriety, but me.
I am glad you know what works for you and your triggers!!!
Old 11-11-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Dream,

You are smart to quit. Booze is poison.

Hopefully, your boy will catch on.

Ingesting alcohol is a learned behavior, it can be unlearned.

Change of subject...

All that drama of being on the rail is a challenge, but the view is the best!

I love seeing my favorite bands too. I don't venture into the upfront standing area usually though. Years ago I saw the Scorpions and this guy kept hitting the back of my head when he was doing his fist pump in the air thing.

I told him to knock it off, he kept doing it. I ended up having to leave the area or I was going to be fighting w him the whole concert. It sucked.

I didn't let it ruin the show. He was just a trouble maker.

Thanks.
He is a normie, I doubt he'll stop in its entirety, he doesn't drink often and works hard, I can't blame him for wanting to relax, that's for sure. I mean he did have to babysit my drunken self for 10 years, I owe him some babysitting time, lol.

The railing is the best view and a popular one too, everyone wanted it and I refused to leave, I didn't want to drink water because I didn't want to have to pee, lol. I eventually just took my vape out to smoke and said screw the rules, I wasn't leaving... Until I was super annoyed and over it.

Yes, I didn't want to fight either, I know how that rolls as well. I may have been a scrapper when I was drinking, I can see clear headed now, it's not worth it. But speaking your mind is totally acceptable when uncomfortable or annoyed.

Thank you for sharing!!