Notices

Finally went to the Dr yesterday

Old 11-08-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally went to the Dr yesterday

I wanted to give myself some serious time/space between me and the drink before going and getting a full rundown on my body. If I had went and got it when I first quit they'd have started making my funeral plans. Still waiting on the result from the test,but I'm very optimistic on the outcome. Physically I've not felt this good in 10yrs. Mentally..I'm good and have a clear mind,minus finding out my exAgf has a new man,but I'm handling that just as part of our both moving on to whatever life of our own choosing. Still kind of a kick to the old ego/pride..whatever. So.. I was honest with my dr on all aspects of my situation; as I got a script of Chantix to help me quit smoking and know of the side effects of it. I used it several years ago and the dreams almost drove me mad after a breakup,so I stopped taking it. She prescribed me something to keep the side effects in check and said they've started giving both at the same time now to lessen the side effects of chantix..

Anyways..took my first pills today and hope to be smoke free in a few weeks to a month. I'm going to shop around for a new sports car online to handle the ex thing.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How long did you wait before going to the doc?? I'm going to do the same...
Old 11-08-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Loui84 View Post
How long did you wait before going to the doc?? I'm going to do the same...
I don't count days really and had one drinking night of "F'it!" after my breakup,but around 11 months.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My sponsor suggested a "checkup" was a good idea after my recent decision to stop drinking. I have an appointment in about a month. I also feel much healthier and feeling optimistic about this as well. Good luck with your results!
-freeofit
Old 11-09-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

That's all wonderful news!

I quit for 9 years using Chantix. If you can handle the side effects, it DOES work really well! I'd suggest not setting a quit date until you've been on the full dose for at least two weeks...you might just lose interest in smoking. I also used Alan Carr's book The Easy Way to Quit smoking.

Congratulations!