Thanks to everyone

Old 10-28-2004, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Radar

Thanks to everyone

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here... you've all been so supportive. You guys have helped me so much. I feel like I'm on the road to recovery and am thinking and acting healthier. I haven't been to Alalnon in awhile but I'm going to find a meeting that fits in my schedule. The other one I was going to is too late in the evening and I have to be at work at 6:00AM. I've been reading Codependent no more and her other book, The 12 steps for codependency. I've also been reading the Alanon literature and the power posts on this board and I've learned so much.

Tuesday night my A went to AA by himself and last night he went to church by himself. Before, I would have turned myself inside out to go with him or worry that I should have. But now, I didn't feel a need to go so I didn't and
I'm not worried about what he is thinking. He has to wrestle his own demons and I have to deal with mine. We're going to counseling today so we can talk about that.

I have a nugget of depression inside that won't go away but I feel that's normal with what I've gone through lately with my A and my son so I'm not going to get worried about it. I just need to take care of me, physically and mentally and I'll be fine. One day at a time...

Karen
Old 10-28-2004, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm chuffed to bits things are looking up for you!!
Old 10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Hey
I'm not very good at contributing to these posts. I don't think I know enough yet.

I had to say "good for you" though. You sound as if you're doing all the right things and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.
I do read everything on this board, and I sometimes want to say something, but I'm holding back till I know I won't be a wally.

I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you
Well done you :o)

Jane
xxx
Old 10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Karen-

All righttttt! You keep on moving forward. It's so nice to hear how well you are doing.

Keep us posted!
Old 10-29-2004, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Karen))
It is a lot of growth to know that you can have a nugget of depression, and not let it become the whole universe. It was a big eye opener to me that I can have many feelings at once and not get overwhelmed by them. I think that is serenity. I can feel sadness or anger, and still be ok in my gut. I can feel them, and not bottle them up, but not let them eat me up. It's amazing we can feel good and bad at the same time. WOW.

You have come a long way. It is good to hear success. Hugs, Magic