Notices

Scared

Old 11-07-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JSW

Scared

Today has to be the last day I drink. I am going to loose my kids otherwise. Scared and lonely
Old 11-07-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, JSW!

It is very scary when we know and decide we must stop drinking.

You will find lots of support here and you are definitely not alone. It's always a good idea to have a recovery plan for how you will stop drinking and move on with a sober life.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Loving Sobriety

I was so close to losing mine too. One more binge and I would have lost them. The thought thst I came so close to losing my world terrifies me. I'm 5 months sober now. You CAN do this. Make a plan and work it. Xx
Old 11-07-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome JSW.
Glad you found your way here. It's a great resource for help and encouragement while on your journey to recovery.
We've all had our lows. So you are in the company of friends here.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you, JSW. You did a good thing by coming here to talk things over. We all understand and care. Please stay with us - you can do this. You are no longer alone.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard. We know how hard this is, but know it's something you've got to do, not just for your kids, but for yourself. We're here and you have our support.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One day at a time, JSW. Try not to look to far ahead. Stay in today ... we're here to support you.

You can do this!
Old 11-07-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was scared, too. Really scared. It's amazing how we overcome that sober.
I was scared to stop drinking and scared to drink, at the end.

Today can be the last day you drink. I did it and I was drunk for forty years.
Lost everything more times than I can remember.
If it wasn't for friends couches, I would have been homeless. Still drank. I wasn't ready to quit.

I really hope you've reached that point, being ready to quit, before things get worse. And , as you are probably aware, they can.
You've reached out here that's a great start. Have you considered AA? I found it invaluable to getting sober. There are other programs.

I really wish you the best. You can quit. Even the worst of us, like me, can recover.
Sending good thoughts your way. We're all here for you. Best to you. You're not alone any more.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JSW View Post
Today has to be the last day I drink. I am going to loose my kids otherwise. Scared and lonely
Congrats. Values are the single most important factor in behavioral change.

"What is the most important thing in life? Money? Happiness? Love? Those things are certainly important, but what matters most is good values. What are values? They are what we consider more important than our feelings. For instance, just about everyone feels like eating junk food, but if you eat whatever you feel like eating you will end up obese and unhealthy. So then, what stops people from eating all the food they feel like eating? The answer is good values. Indeed a lack of good values is the root of virtually everything wrong with the world. We should act based on values rather than our feelings." -Dennis Prager.